IGNORED

2018 NCAA Division I National Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 2147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Is anyone else watching like I do? I watched the women last week (it was not quite as exciting as the past few years), but hopefully the men's event will be as good as recent years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve had it on past 2 hours.....just saw the missed birdie putt for Everett/Augusta

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I recorded it and am nowhere near that far @Vinsk. :-) Just don't tell me who makes the cut down to 8 or wins the individual please. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

I recorded it and am nowhere near that far @Vinsk. :-) Just don't tell me who makes the cut down to 8 or wins the individual please. :-)

Damn it...I’ll shut up.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I just won't check this topic again until I'm done. Go ahead, post whatever.

Yes, I watched most of it and found it pretty entertaining.  The playoff sure had its twists.  That lie near the tree sure had bogey written all over it.  That he manage par and Brock having to make a lengthy putt for birdie to win was good stuff. Been busy all day today and could not watch the team match play. Hopefully the Cowboy's keep it rolling.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Two words come to mind, wow and clinic.  This certainly gives a whole new meaning to Roll Tide.  Sure, OSU is playing on their home turf with their fans, but that still requires performing - and they most certainly did that.  I suspect that Justin Thomas will be producing a new TV show about the Alabama golf team.  I wonder what they will call it? :-D

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I enjoyed keeping up with the season and the men’s & women’s tourney. I have liked the ‘get your team to perform’ on the stroke play to keep playing as 1 of the 8. Read an article criticizing that because high rated team missed the cut but that’s part of the comp, and I like it. 

The cowboys showed up today and Bama didn’t. Tough looking course, I also saw (on tv) the final round of the SEC tourney and that course looked pretty incredible. Work really does get the way of playing all these courses. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, iSank said:

I enjoyed keeping up with the season and the men’s & women’s tourney. I have liked the ‘get your team to perform’ on the stroke play to keep playing as 1 of the 8. Read an article criticizing that because high rated team missed the cut but that’s part of the comp, and I like it. 

The cowboys showed up today and Bama didn’t. Tough looking course, I also saw (on tv) the final round of the SEC tourney and that course looked pretty incredible. Work really does get the way of playing all these courses.

It helped, I'm sure, that it was their home course. They HAVE to be more comfortable hitting all of the shots there.

Surprised to see no tweets from Rickie Fowler about the W.

Yeah where’s Ricky’s congrats? OSU. Really put it on. I’ve played KC...back in the early 90’s. My best friend’s dad from college was the course superintendent then.  We usually played Lakeside where the Cowboys used to play but moved to KC in 1994 I think. I remember playing once where he shot 66. I shot 87. Anyway, congrats to OSU! 

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

It helped, I'm sure, that it was their home course. They HAVE to be more comfortable hitting all of the shots there.

Oh yea, I was a bit surprised the #1 team in the country gets to play on their home course. Golf is a lot different than having the home court in say basketball, whatever happened to a neutral field? ( guess that’s not an expectation) so when Auburn makes it to #1, if ever, will they hold the tourney at the Grand National on Opelika? Stanford? They gotta nice course? I don’t know college golf that well, but I have enjoyed watching a few games.

Congratulations to OSU, they played well. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, iSank said:

Oh yea, I was a bit surprised the #1 team in the country gets to play on their home course. Golf is a lot different than having the home court in say basketball, whatever happened to a neutral field?

They don't do that in golf. A former champion, at D1, D2, D3, is the host team.

• Thumbs Up 1

How about that ‘waggle’ that Matt Wolff does? Wonder how that came to be his routine? 

Edited by Vinsk

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

How about that ‘waggle’ that Matt Wolff does? Wonder how that came to be his routine? 

His instructor.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

His instructor.

Was that said? I was wondering if he’s just done that always and coach went with it or if that was just the way his instructor was able to get Matt to swing the way he thought was best for him?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Was that said? I was wondering if he’s just done that always and coach went with it or if that was just the way his instructor was able to get Matt to swing the way he thought was best for him?

Doesn't need to have been said. His instructor does that with almost everyone. Look at his Instagram channel.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Doesn't need to have been said. His instructor does that with almost everyone. Look at his Instagram channel.

The interview with George Gankas sounds more like Matt is a bit of a Bubba. GG says he came to him around age 13 but he said his path was different but he made it sound as though Matt was already doing that initial move when he met him. Swing looks painful. I hope he can avoid injury. Looks like a tough swing to do after age 30 at least with that speed.

• Administrator

Matt was upright then, I guess, but not the “twitch” thing.

Note: This thread is 2147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!