IGNORED

Practice vs. Playing

Kaos
Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I warm up on the range before each round.  However, most of my practice comes on the course during the week when I can catch 9 holes.  I'll work on bump/run, pitch, flop shots around the green.  I'll work on flighting approaches rather than full swing attacks.  It's easier to work on different stances, foot placements, etc... because of the variations and undulations of terrain on the course rather than the driving range.  I guess I'm fortunate because my daughter always loves to play 9 after her First Tee class each week.

52 minutes ago, lungbuster said:

I warm up on the range before each round.  However, most of my practice comes on the course during the week when I can catch 9 holes.  I'll work on bump/run, pitch, flop shots around the green.  I'll work on flighting approaches rather than full swing attacks.  It's easier to work on different stances, foot placements, etc... because of the variations and undulations of terrain on the course rather than the driving range.  I guess I'm fortunate because my daughter always loves to play 9 after her First Tee class each week.

Same, both my kids liked to play a lot, and same, I played a lot back then too.

Now they’re in college... Enjoy while they’re still young!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Same, both my kids liked to play a lot, and same, I played a lot back then too.

Now they’re in college... Enjoy while they’re still young!

I soak it in as much as possible.  Even those days when it's been rough at the office or 95 degrees and humid as a rainforest, I still take her out.  My youngest daughter, 3 years old, enjoys going too, but there's no practice when she's with us.  

15 hours ago, Kaos said:

Some very good points and some great advice. Very much appreciate the input. 

My weakness is probably my driver to be honest and is the thing I hit the least on the limited range time I do. I could probably not impact my score if I didn’t have my driver in my bag at all but I need to get better with it. You all gave me something to think about so I very much appreciate it. 

Well, there's your answer, if your driver is your weakness, you should work to improve that rather than taking it out of the bag.  You should consider posting video of your swing here:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

Be sure to click on "Hidden Contents" to understand how to shoot effective video.  You can get some really good swing instruction here.  Driving the ball effectively will decrease your distance to the green, which typically leads to shorter putts, and lower scores.  Additionally, improving your swing to drive the ball more effectively will also help you hit better approach shots.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!