IGNORED

My Swing (Jabwind51)

jabwind51
Note: This thread is 2121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Frustrated with my game and need some help. Been playing forever but still can’t figure out my driver. I lose about 10 strokes a round with it. When I was playing regularly and trying to break 80 it would be my nemesis. Now I’m closer to 90 since I haven’t been playing much.

I have a standard weak slice miss. The harder I swing the worse it is which I’m sure is pretty standard. I know I move my head too much in video #1 but the shot appeared straight or a slight pull , so I focused on keeping it more quiet in the video below called #2 and really came over the top. No consistency, completely erratic but typically terrible slice unless I magically do something I wasn’t sure and it goes straight  

My irons are much more predictable—slight fade or straight and I have pretty decent ball compression/contact..but definitely a little steep with a large divot. 

Please help! Thanks!

I've been Playing Golf for: 22 yrs
My current handicap index or average score is: 13.5 (best of 8-9)
My typical ball flight is: slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

Looking at the second video, pausing it right when you start your downswing, The butt of the club is pointing over the ball.  This is causing your swing plan to be off, going way outside, then you have to jerk it back in to hit the ball, causing you to slice.

44 minutes ago, biodarwin said:

Looking at the second video, pausing it right when you start your downswing, The butt of the club is pointing over the ball.  This is causing your swing plan to be off, going way outside, then you have to jerk it back in to hit the ball, causing you to slice.

Thank you! My wife says I’m swinging like happy Gilmore so will update with a new type of swing to look at later this week when I get the hockey out of it...

1 hour ago, biodarwin said:

That's not why he swings left. The camera angle is off anyway, but a shaft that points to the ball or just outside it is on plane.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, billchao said:

That's not why he swings left. The camera angle is off anyway, but a shaft that points to the ball or just outside it is on plane.

The shaft was pointing 3ft above the ball.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, biodarwin said:

The shaft was pointing 3ft above the ball.

When?

Not in the left frame.

01.jpg

Why does he slice?

Because the handle is pulled downward (blue arrow) which tips the sweet spot out (red arrow) and outside the ball before impact.

02.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

When?

Not in the left frame.

01.jpg

Why does he slice?

Because the handle is pulled downward (blue arrow) which tips the sweet spot out (red arrow) and outside the ball before impact.

02.jpg

Wow! Interesting. 

Note: This thread is 2121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!