IGNORED

My Swing (BallCoach702)

BallCoach702
Note: This thread is 2101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, long time follower here. I've reached the point in my game that if I don't get some help I will be breaking my clubs and throwing them in the fire pretty quickly. This year I've been struggling with bigly with my swing and I'm struggling to hit the ball solid. I will think I've got it figured out and then bam! super fat and super thin comes back. Would really appreciate some feedback and I'm looking forward to being part of this community moving forward. Love this game and really don't want to stop.

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 Years
My current handicap index or average score is: 105ish
My typical ball flight is: Inconsistent
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Thin and Fat, Sliced and Hooked

Videos: 

• Administrator

You're very small and the video comes through as 144p here… ?

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is this recorded with? Any smart phone will take adequate video including slo-mo which makes things significantly easier to break down.

11 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

IPhone 6S...Not sure why its such a crappy download. Will redo tomorrow.

Cool. That's what I have and get pretty decent video so you should be fine with just the smart phone after you figure out the issue. Maybe get the phone a bit closer to yourself while still being in frame as @iacas suggested so you appear larger but keep the same face on angle. Maybe add a down the line view as well which can show some more issues with the swing.

Really difficult to tell from the video (however something I think I notice) but if you wanted something to read in the mean time that gives you some extra things "for free" as we like to say check out the thread below.

Edited by Grizvok

Here is a better shot of my swing on youtube. Looking forward to your feedback. I've recently tried to get my hands more out in front of the club head as I felt that due to releasing the club to early was causing me to hit fat. 

Anybody have any ideas what I might doing wrong here. Practice tonight sucked but I tried to stay more shallow in my backswing and to focus on coming from the inside. I’ve also thought my weight transfer is to much.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

Anybody have any ideas what I might doing wrong here. Practice tonight sucked but I tried to stay more shallow in my backswing and to focus on coming from the inside. I’ve also thought my weight transfer is to much.

Again, man, we're generally happy to help but the quality of the analysis is related tightly to the quality of the video.

Face-on, and down-the-line, with a 6-iron or so.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

You didn’t see the second video?

Yeah.

I see one crappy face-on video. Then a better almost face-on video. But you're hitting the ball from the rough and the clubhead moves 2' at a time in the downswing. 

Your phone shoots slow motion video, yes?

10 hours ago, BallCoach702 said:

It does but I don’t know how to post slow motion videos. It will be okay, I will figure it out or I won’t. No worries.

I have an iPhone. What I do is trim the video down to as short as possible, just as the backswing starts. Then upload that video to YouTube as Unlisted. Then copy that URL and paste in my thread.

With the iPhone, you can also set where the slow motion starts in edit mode (the top sliders). Trimming the video is the bottom sliders.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!