IGNORED

Changing swing weight in my driver

Note: This thread is 2071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I ended up changing my shaft in my 917 D2 driver today. I went from a Diamana 70 tx to a Fujikura 74 x. The difference in the two shafts is about 6-7 grams I'm pretty sure. I ended up changing to the 14g cgi weight from the 12g weight that was in it. The results were a slightly higher launch and prevented me from turning the ball over too much. 

What I am curious about is what the swing weight of this set up is? I know the feeling of it is much "boardier" from the heavier shaft but we do not have a swing weight tool to measure what it is set up at. The grip is a standard golf pride tour velvet on the shaft. 

Just would like to hear the opinions on if I should change the weighting of the head or leave it as is.

Thanks guys.

I wouldn't worry about it until you have put in enough time, with the new shaft, to make an honest assessment.  The exact specifications of any club, while interesting to know, are not as important as the clubs performance.  Remember, also, that you didn't switch shafts with the intention of producing the same result...you switched shafts to see what would happen.  Give it some time.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would need to know what specific version of each shaft you are talking about before making any good guesses. Usually 6 grams shaft weight will have minimal swing weight change since the weight is spread out over the length of the shaft. As far as the feel and the ball flight, again would depend on what specific shafts we are talking about. Weight, torque, EI profile, all influence what you are asking about. If you tell me the shafts I might be able to give you a better idea.

Note: This thread is 2071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!