IGNORED

Howdy from Texas

DefGolfer
Note: This thread is 1998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey folks - 

just dropping a line and saying "howdy"  - been lurking on this forum for a while, been out of golf for a few years and now just getting back at it.   Been rebuilding my golf set and now just need to find some good ole wedges and a hybrid and I should be good to go.  Also picking back up this game because my 12 year old son is now interested in giving golf a try.   So curious for any of ya'll who may have kids who played - how do you go about finding that right golf set for a 12 year old who may be too tall for the kid's golf clubs but too short for man's golf clubs (and maybe too heavy too).   Suggestions?

Edited by DefGolfer

welcome to the forums!!

most of the kids sets are broken down into two different heights. measured from the fingertips to ground with hands down by your side. 41" is the magic number i believe. under 41" is a the smaller set. over 41" inches they need the larger kids set. Usually larger set includes more irons then the set for younger kids. taylormade, cobra, callaway all make good kids set.

:tmade: M9.5* Kuro Kage Stiff
:nike: VR Pro 3 Wood 15* Project X 6.0
:nike: VR Pro 3 Iron Project X Rifle 6.0
:tmade: M4 4-6 Project X Rifle 6.0, M4 7-GW KBS Max 85
:cleveland: RTX-3 56* & 60*

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've decided to join.   I think it's amazing that you are spending time with your son enjoying the great game of golf.   It is an activity that you can continue to do many, many years together.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello there! Welcome to TST. Where in Texas are you? I went to high school in Midland and lived many years in Tx covering Longview, Galveston, Harlingen and Arlington. I have a 12yr old and an 8yr old. I just used the youth fitter that was available at the store to size the clubs for my 12yr old. He plays a Cobra set. My 8yr old used the Ping Moxey junior set. They're both nice sets and work just fine for them. They are just casual for fun players and don't attend any camps or anything like that sadly. I'm still hoping they'll get more interest.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!