IGNORED

Found My Go-To Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need to find and read some of my old posts. I used to opine on the price of golf balls and say I had no need for a premium ball at my level. As others mentioned, I like the Wilson Duo, a very soft feeling ball and played a lot of Titleist DT SoLo. I also tried a dozen or so of the Supersoft, but never quite acquired an affinity for it. Last year sometime, Dicks had the Duo for around $9, and I think there are 5 dozen in my closet. Unfortunately , when the Titleist AVX came out, I tried it and have developed a serious addition thereto.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

I started off playing Callaway SuperSoft, then went to Bridgestone E6 soft, then Pro V1. Now I’m addicted to Srixon Q-Star Tours. 

Edited by LarryEdwards
Misspelling of a word.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I must be an outlier. Because personally I love the Volvik Orange Sherbet color. The standard orange isn't great, but the sherbet is the shiznit! 

BTW - I played with a dude using black volvik golf balls the other day. The black was super easy to see in the sky. Couldn't see it on the ground to save my life. But I was thinking it would be great if the range I use would switch to black golf balls. Sometimes the way the sun hits the range it makes it really difficult to see the range balls. 

I agree 100% about a range using black golf balls. At times I have left the range because there was no point, couldn't see anything and not just because of the sun but because of the gray clouds, the balls, (which are grey from so much use), would blend into the sky even on mid iron shots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!