IGNORED

Buying used irons

fever
Note: This thread is 1949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can only buy one set  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Can only buy one set

• Cobra Fly- Z pro
    • Fourteen golf FH-1000
    • Miura blades

I like the look and feel of MB/blade, the small head size makes me concentrate on the shot at hand. I can't stand the look and size of SGI and GI irons. I can't hit an off set club, I hit behind the ball. Even a 2mm off set in the mid irons messes me up, So I'm looking at three sets !) Cobra FLY-Z Pro, $460 cdn,( great shape) they would need to be re-shafted and grips. 2) Fourteen golf FH-1000, $550 cdn (awesome shape, only used for2-3 rounds) has my spec shafts and grips. 3) MIURA blade, $760 cdn (good shape, used for two years) shafts are my spec but need to be re-griped. If you were in my position, what set would you buy? I would like to buy all three but my wife reminded me that we have been married for 33 yrs and would I like to make it to 34? so one set it is.

Edited by fever

Which set are you drawn to?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, fever said:

all of them, but fourteen has a very small lead.

The reason I asked is that we all have an innate sense of what we like.  You are going to make thousands and thousands of shots with whatever clubs you choose.  Pick something you like enough to not blame for every unfortunate outcome.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Just now, Piz said:

The reason I asked is that we all have an innate sense of what we like.  You are going to make thousands and thousands of shots with whatever clubs you choose.  Pick something you like enough to not blame for every unfortunate outcome.

It's always native North American, never the arrow. I play with blades now, I only played 12 rounds last season ( first back in 8-10 yrs) went from 124 first round to 86's my final two rounds with no lost balls (a first) I think my ball striking with the blades is coming along good. The blades I have now are cast and I want to try forged.

I don't think the manufacturing process is important.  Yeah an old set of Mizunos feel softer than a set of Pings but what does that matter in the long (18 hole) run?  I play an 8 year old GI set; because I know what to expect.  Clubs are personal.

In der bag:

I've hit the Cobra and my boss has the muira .  Muira are great but small sweet spot.  The Cobra was a bit easier to hit....felt great too.  I didn't hit them with the same shaft but I'd opt for the Cobra.

Only thing is your case is the cost of a reshaft...

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, cooke119 said:

Fourteen makes a really nice club but as stated above, what fits your eye? Have you had the opportunity to hit them? 

Sorry for the delay responding, hockey tourney, I won't be able to hit any before purchase.

Note: This thread is 1949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!