IGNORED

BagBoy Revolver Cart Bag, any using one?

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a new cart bag and I came across the BagBoy Revolver Cart bag (~$220). I like it because the clubs spins around, (revolve) making it easier for club selection. Anyone out there have one? Interested to know quality of the bag, etc.

Thanks

An elderly lady I golf with sometimes has one and likes it very much.   The shaft will lock into place to hold the club stable.   The draw back is the weight.   It's a beast.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No personal experience, but it always struck me as a solution in search of a problem.

My personal opinion, based on long experience is that it’s hard to beat the Sun Mountain C130 for a cart bag.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

An elderly lady I golf with sometimes has one and likes it very much.   The shaft will lock into place to hold the club stable.   The draw back is the weight.   It's a beast.   

Yup! My main golf buddy bought one, and then bought one for his Son. They about give themselves a hernia hauling those things out of their vehicles! And, It took my buddy a little time to remember that the inside of the bag revolved! Once he got used to it, he liked it a lot. But, I think it's only suited to a motorized cart, not one you would pull or push! 

Edited by Buckeyebowman

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, dennyjones said:

Really, that heavy. I'll consider that. I looked on Bagboy website and they don't give the weight of any of their bags.

Ive had one for a few years now but it has just been replaced. I rode for the longest time but now I use a pushcart. I had the 14 way and there was lots of room in it but it is definitely a bit heavier than most. The first one was stolen so got a newer version.  The handle pulled off and they gave me a new one on warranty.  Then the revolver mechanism gave out and it would just spin which was a real pain on my pushcart.  No way to get it apart to fix so I put a couple screws in and used it anyway.  Went looking for a new bag today and came home with a Sun Mountain waterproof bag. 

10 hours ago, SteveH said:

Ive had one for a few years now but it has just been replaced. I rode for the longest time but now I use a pushcart. I had the 14 way and there was lots of room in it but it is definitely a bit heavier than most. The first one was stolen so got a newer version.  The handle pulled off and they gave me a new one on warranty.  Then the revolver mechanism gave out and it would just spin which was a real pain on my pushcart.  No way to get it apart to fix so I put a couple screws in and used it anyway.  Went looking for a new bag today and came home with a Sun Mountain waterproof bag. 

Hmmm, Sun Mountain was mentioned above as well, have to look into them.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:33 AM, cooke119 said:

Hmmm, Sun Mountain was mentioned above as well, have to look into them.

I was putter shopping on boxing day and decided to look at the bags.  They didn't have the 14 way C130 but they had a nice 14 way H2NO waterproof bag. Decided to get the waterproof and give it a go. We get lots of rain so it may be perfect, it's definitely lighter.

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!