Sign in to follow this  
MNGopher

Where Can I Find Tungsten Toe Weights For Taylormade Rocketbladez Max Irons?

11 posts / 1077 viewsLast Reply

I was cleaning my irons yesterday and noticed that two of my irons were missing tungsten toe weights.  I checked the internet and can't seem to find anybody who carries them.  Any ideas or thoughts on where I can find them?  See pic of my iron missing a weight.

toeWeight1.jpg

I went to their website and their chat feature is "temporarily" down.  They don't take email questions, so the only option is to phone them.  I have yet to do that, as I was at work and didn't want to be put on hold for a long time.  I'll try them shortly, once I find out what their customer service hours are.  

10 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

This will sound like a stupid question but, have you checked with Taylor Made?

I was just able to chat with a TaylorMade customer service rep, and he said that they don't carry them because they are a part of the head of the iron, and are not a replacement part.  I'm assuming the fact they are an older club 5+ years old, they don't have them either.

You can actually buy tungsten weights on Amazon. They’re usually made for Pinewood derby cars. I bet you could find the same weight and size. I’m not a metallurgist but I’m sure you could get them inserted.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You can actually buy tungsten weights on Amazon. They’re usually made for Pinewood derby cars. I bet you could find the same weight and size. I’m not a metallurgist but I’m sure you could get them inserted.

Thanks, I'll check Amazon!

I may just do that too.  Take it to the local pro shop that does customizations, fittings, etc.  Who knows, they may have a box of weights just sitting there!  🙂

6 hours ago, MNGopher said:

I may just do that too.  Take it to the local pro shop that does customizations, fittings, etc.  Who knows, they may have a box of weights just sitting there!  🙂

Check Golfworks too. The Maltby ones may fit. But they also have other weights on the site for OEM.

OEM Supplies at The GolfWorks

Swingweight Supplies at The GolfWorks

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • I appreciate your advice and help, this shot is a challenge for me and I am not figuring it out.  Your insight on club selection and how you hit the ball is appreciated. The Shot: Ball has nestled into the thick, like real thick grass just past the fringe.  It maybe 3" to 6" into the thick stuff.  The shot is downhill with the cup at the legal 8' from the edge of the green so you very little green to work with.  Due to the quality of the rough and how thick it is more times then not the grass is wet, especially when it is a early morning round.  Later in the day this thick near PGA quality type rough will dry out but still the grass really maintains the moisture.  Then also the green speed has picked up. These greens roll exceptionally well, they are very fast.  At one time at a 12.5 stimpmeter reading.  They have brought the speed down a tich, like between a 11 & 12 now.  But if you find your line these greens roll so true that it you can trust them. Quick recap: Very thick rough, ball is nestled down, you can see it.  Probably 6" deep The fringe is like 12" 8' of green to work with Downhill on fast greens, after the cup is a lot of down hill so if you hit it to firm you will be in a very long up hill putt that is more then likely a 2 putt now. I am at work and will be checking back from time to time so sorry for any delays in responding
    • Pretty happy with the Penguins game 2. The PP looks a little bit lost at times, but I'm left wondering if that is a trend that we'll see from a lot of teams? I wouldn't be surprised if the average PP percentage is a bit lower than usual across the league. Also, it's scary playing a goalie that is playing as well as Price.
    • There are a handful of players who were in their mid-30s when I began watching golf who are just now qualifying for the Champions Tour.  In theory, I can watch them compete against a field of other players like them.  Jim Furyk and Phil Mickelson are in this set.  I don't really know my preference order behind the PGA Tour.  There's a Champions Tour event that, most years, is near to where I moved about a year ago.  It wasn't held this year I think.  I do plan to go, and I also have planned several years to go to an LPGA event near my parents.  It hasn't happened. I guess the answer is, I say I care about CT more than I really do.
    • Plans for this week include reading the next chapter of Keep Your Eye off the Puck and watching a game or two to apply what I've learned about how to watch hockey.  
    • But with a putter, played on a decent length course, say like 6,600-6,700+ yds, you're almost never going to get a GIR, where with driver, you will at least have multiple chances. I mean depending on the course and forced carries, it's possible that some people might not even be able to carry a putter over a forced carry off the tee which would add up strokes in a hurry.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Duby27
      Duby27
      (37 years old)
    2. Joe Guastella
      Joe Guastella
      (36 years old)
    3. Ladysmanfelpz
      Ladysmanfelpz
      (30 years old)
    4. LarryEdwards
      LarryEdwards
      (41 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...