IGNORED

Greetings from St Petersburg, Florida

Ballgame59
Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to get back into the game. Every time I do, I get sidetracked with other things. Not to mention that I am terrible.  Now that I'm over 50, I really want to play more. I have a 6 year old set of Wilson Tour RX clubs. Entry level basically. I am short in stature (5'04"). I've never been fitted nor have I had lessons. I plan on doing both. But the question that I have is - what do I do first?

My only real goals are to not embarrass myself on the course & play more courses. I seem to only play two courses here in the Tampa Bay area and there are quite a few that I would like to see/play.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I'm sure I'll have more questions at some point. 

Golf is good. The Grint User name = Ballgame59

:ping: Karsen Zing Orange dot 4-W,  :mizuno:  JPX 900 D,3W,4&5H,  :titleist: Vokey SM4 56,  Ray Cook M1 Mallet, :bridgestone: e12

:adidas:  Tech Response. Any glove'll do.

Welcome to TST.  We're glad you've decided to join.   

We were all beginners initially, nobody became Tiger Woods over night.  

3 hours ago, Ballgame59 said:

I've never been fitted nor have I had lessons. I plan on doing both. But the question that I have is - what do I do first?

My suggestion?  Find a good teacher and take some lessons.   The basics are very critical to your overall game.   

We have several members from the sunshine state.    

Again,   welcome

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.  We're glad you've decided to join.   

We were all beginners initially, nobody became Tiger Woods over night.  

My suggestion?  Find a good teacher and take some lessons.   The basics are very critical to your overall game.   

We have several members from the sunshine state.    

Again,   welcome

Thanks for the welcome! 

I am definitely looking to take some lessons. I have a couple of buddies here that play regularly and I am going to see if they can recommend someone while I look around.

Golf is good. The Grint User name = Ballgame59

:ping: Karsen Zing Orange dot 4-W,  :mizuno:  JPX 900 D,3W,4&5H,  :titleist: Vokey SM4 56,  Ray Cook M1 Mallet, :bridgestone: e12

:adidas:  Tech Response. Any glove'll do.

Welcome...  I live in Sarasota.    Wishing you the very best as you get "back" into golf AND find the right instructor.    Lessons first, clubs later... IMHO!!    Hope to read about your success and fun rounds.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to TST. Good to have you on board and I agree that it is time for lessons first and worry about the clubs later. Enjoy!

Nave

Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!