IGNORED

Okay, dont make fun...i may have a new Ball...

Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I won't knock any golf ball, regardless of make or price. I made a bet with a friend last year that I could shoot within two strokes of my normal with any ball he could find in the woods (within reasonable condition). He found an older TopFlite XL 2000 extra distance and I shot my two strokes - worse. I've hit a D2 Feel and liked the softness, but haven't played a round with it. Balls have come a long way since I played TopFlite XL's and Ultra's in high school, but I think if you have a good swing and are a good ball striker, you can score with anything.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I like the D2 Feel so much I included it my signature (don't remember seeing anyone else with Top Flite as thier ball of choice - I have no shame!). There are a few balls I am going to try this year to see if I like them better - Titleist NXT Tour, Pinnacle Platinum Feel, Bridgestone e5/e6, etc. - but I can't imagine anything topping the D2 Feel in terms of bang for your buck.

On another note, you guys should just ignore r7 if his posts bother you that much. Seems like everytime he posts, somebody calls him out. It was entertaining at first, but it's getting old now, IMO.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

On a round of golf, I lost my initial ball which was rock, my next ball out of my bag was a top flite strata tour soft. It played very well the rest of the round so, I did some research and found out it was a low compression ball, which a soft shell. I also found out that slower swing speeds are more compatible with a lower compression ball. This was all new to me as I was/am getting serious about the game. I found out that this ball was no longer in production, but the D2 Feel has just come into production and had similar stats. I bought a box based on what I consider value. (good reviews and a good price) and love them. They play as straight as I can play , and are quite good on the greens.

My $.02

I'll agree. The D2 feel is a darn fine ball. I used to play the NXT exclusively and I've switched. I belong to a private club where I took some razzing last year for playing a top flite ball. Now several others have started using it.

• Administrator
Seriously, an article from 2002? Yes, I know at one time, Top Flite was the #1 PRODUCER of golf balls. Which is not the same as your claim of "

Not only that, but he seems to have cited a press release.

I've not hit the D2, but I've heard good things about it from slower swingers. It's a 64 compression ball, mind you, so it's generally not really suitable for guys with driver swing speeds of 95+ or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never had my swingspeed measured, but I would think I hover right around the 100-105, and I agree completely with that. To me it feels like the D2 will only go so far, no matter how hard the swing is. I have played the Freak though and like it quite a bit for a cheaper ball. I will never be one to spend $45 a dozen on balls, so I usually play the E6, and I think the Freak is actually pretty comparable in softness, but a little longer. I may be the only one though, but I just do't feel right playing a Top Flight ball :) eventhough I actually love the Maxfli balls (a comparable name these days). Go figure.........

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

How did the ball perform? What was making it so good? Was it spinning? Was it checking up? Was it soft on the putter face? Was it long off the driver? Was there a naked woman painted on it? What made the ball good?

We should all try other balls once in a while

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

O yea--then the D2 is the cornerstone of both variables---

You have my attention..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I think the important part is you found a ball that you like, and being an inexpensive one is only a plus for you.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

i was eager to buy a box of them. after reading your post, i think i'm gonna get myself a box.
i was wondering, how do they compare to maxfli revolution, noodle, precept laddie x, etc? other balls at the same price range?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Just when I wanted to order a box, I read it isn't a good ball for fast swingers? I have quite a fast swing and I hit drives with my Taylormade V Steel 3 wood +200 yards and with no roll at all :s that's how much spin I create. So I guess this isn't the right ball for me? Then which might be?

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

Just when I wanted to order a box, I read it isn't a good ball for fast swingers? I have quite a fast swing and I hit drives with my Taylormade V Steel 3 wood +200 yards and with no roll at all :s that's how much spin I create. So I guess this isn't the right ball for me? Then which might be?

Seriously, try the Top Flite Freak. It's a bit harder, but still feels good.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I think I might give these a try as my spring balls, won't mind losing them plugged in the wet fairways here in the spring. I currently use Dunlop LoCos as my ball of choice for the spring, soft (doesn't sting in the cold weather) and flies pretty well.

I went to buy a box at Wal-Mart tonight and they are a dollar a ball.

I thought they were supposed to be cheap..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

They are excellent balls for the money, they are 68 compression as stated before, seem to go very well off the irons and bite pretty good on approach shots. I have bought 2 boxes of them, down to 4 balls left. They are pretty good around the greens and putting.

Didn't notice much loss in distance off driver with my average ss with Driver at 114, when I step on it I get 122 (measured on Zelocity tower radar unit).

Local Golf USA sells ProV xouts for $2 a ball, hard to find the blemishes on them, so I will continue to buy them though.

I hated Rock Flights but I have to give them a gold star for the dimple in dimple lower compresson balls.

Another Ball you might want to try is the Wilson Zip I think it was $20 for 12. More Spin than the D2 feel and I think probably the longest ball I have hit off my mid irons, it leaps off the face for some reason, and it will bite very well.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I hated the D2 Feel, at least at a Mile High it seemed I couldn't feel anything. I've got 3 sleeves left for those interested.

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

My driver swing speed is around 98. What differences will I see if I played the D2 Feel ball?

Question for anyone: How does the Top-Flite D2 Feel comapre with the Titleist NXT Tour?

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

How did the ball perform? What was making it so good? Was it spinning? Was it checking up? Was it soft on the putter face? Was it long off the driver? Was there a naked woman painted on it? What made the ball good?

What made it so good was the great balance between spinning great around the green, but not spinning too much off the tee. IMO there is no finer feeling ball off the putter either. This ball checks! not as great as a higher priced 3 piece, but the difference is not significant enough to keep shelling out big bucks for the big names.

The distance with a driver was more than decent too....this is an all around GAMER ball. Yes, you can afford MORE grenns fees now. Heck, one box of prov1's cost more than two of these....my HX's as well.... I have a faster swing speed and this ball performs as advertised for me. I dunno why they say it works well for the slower swingers, i understand the compression facts and they are correct., it just worked for me regardless....so im not saying they're wrong, just stating my swing with this ball.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!