IGNORED

what was your handicap as a junior

GOLFSALOT00
Note: This thread is 5320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you started golfing as a junior what was your handicap at age 13-16

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

i am a junior(15) and i consististently shoot in the mid 80s

want to get a little lower though so i can be a 1 man for varsity

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

nice am 13 and in 7th grade am shooting in the mid 80's but here in colorado there are 15 year olds shooting par so i would have to be shooting par or below to be the varsity one man as a freshman

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

when did u start golfing I didnt start to the summer of my eighth grade year and my schools golf team is very good to, so when i say lower i mean around par but atleast ull make jv

In My Edge Bag:
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

i started the summer of sixth grade but i practice everyday after school

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid

U could probably be a one man by 9th grade

Thats the thing though i dont get out till 3:40 and i dont get home till 4;00 traffic sucks

In My Edge Bag:

i get out at 3:00 and i get home ay 3:45(i live far from my school and have a long bus ride) but i live ten minutes from my course so im up there by 4:00)
the golf prodigy that is the one man right now is a rising sophmore but i will probaly be varsity sophmore year and then be the one slot junior and senior year

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid

I didn't really carry a handicap as a kid. Started playing when I was 11 and don't think I ever shot in the 100s my early days. Lingered around the mid 80s for a while. Our golf team in HS wasn't that great, walked on as the captain. But, my senior year I held the scoring title and led our team to an undefeated season.

Now that I work in the golf field I've become a lot more familiar with junior golf. Particularly the AJGA. These kids are unbelievable. One of my good buddies, Sam is 16 and has been playing on the AJGA for a few years. Last year he played in a Golden State Tour event (SoCal minitour that has an amateur division) At 15 he won the whole event, beating the amateurs and the pros by shooting 7under 65 the second day. This kid is good!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I am 16 now, Started handicap 3 years ago and started at a 12. Now a 7.9

Shoot high 70's now.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Got my 1st handicap when I was about 14 years old, and it was 18. I was silly and reckless in those days with no course management and I couldn't hit the ball as far as I can now.

I think better course management and hitting the ball longer has helped me get down to 16 where I am now. So I've shaved off 2 strokes in 15 years. Impressive. I might turn pro before my 185th birthday.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

if you started golfing as a junior what was your handicap at age 13-16

Well for my son as a 14 year old, his index was about a 6, maybe a 7. Now as an 18 year old it shifts between a 1 and 3, depending on how well he does when he has his tournaments. Tournaments always add strokes. Not too many now, but back a couple of years ago it was scary.

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

I was, and am a 10 handicap, because I'm 14 so still a junior.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

i an i3 and just shot my new record 39!!!!

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid

• 1 month later...
Same with Ben. Didnt carry a handicap as a kid. Started playing at 7 years old. When I was 13 I shot right around 100. High school freshmen year was the fifth man and shot high 80s low 90s. Junior and senior year of high school I was also captain on varsity, touched 70's, but usually shot low 80's. Ive drastically improved since graduating high school, working hardcore on my game, practicing almost every day, trying to improve to start winning some comps or possibly playing for my college, but everyone is so good!
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm 15 and fluctuate between 10 and 12 or so.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!