IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

it shows you how big of a factor luck is...
I was away and didn't have a chance to change the lineup from last week... -11 first round, going strong this round too. it's like playing lottery

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Philly Mick is -9 on his own card today. Anyone with him is bound to do well today. An eagle on the short par-4 17th and seven other birdies. Sure beats his first-round +2!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Philly Mick is -9 on his own card today. Anyone with him is bound to do well today. An eagle on the short par-4 17th and seven other birdies. Sure beats his first-round +2!

He ended up tying the course record, a 60, and finished at -11.

He couldn't hit a fairway yesterday to save his life, and today, this. Charles Howell III only contributed two birdies to the cause, putting me at -13 with B.Haas and Singh yet to play many holes (or none). Though they can't help much: the only open holes are 1, 2, 4, 10, 12, 18.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Holy F'in Phil! What a round. Thank you Phil.

Well, I'm -15 under right now, Vijay has yet to tee off, and Duffy still has some hole to play to fill in my missed birdies on the back.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Lefty tore it up today but I picked Singh instead. Hopefully he will come through for me but it's not looking good. par,par,par,par just sink a birdie damn it.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator

I had Phil and Vijay. And CHIII and B.Haas. So it ain't lookin' so hot for me this weekend.

What did I tell you about the Duffman...

Birdie, par, eagle, birdie, birdie, birdie finish today!

Had one guy miss the cut though. I was between John Senden and Andrew Magee. And obviously picked the wrong one.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

What did I tell you about the Duffman...

Wow, very nice. At least you have three guys on the course today, though. My two did alright. But pretty much all of us have Phil and at least half of us have Vijay. So, I won't be moving up. LOL

At least you have three guys on the course today, though.

Yeah, I suppose 3 is better than 2. But 4 is ideal. That one extra guy to pick up the stray birdie or two for the group.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

There's a little redemption for a bad start! Thank you Phil Mickelson.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator

So the guy who doesn't change his team from last week because he's travelling wins this week? Jeepers man!

[pre]Pos Name R1 R2 R3 R4 Total Pos*
1 Ben Tateel -8 -15 -12 -9 -44 4
2 Jason Job -7 -13 -10 -8 -38 T7
3 Rafi Lenartowicz -11 -15 -15 -11 -52 1
4 Thomas Goyne -10 -16 -10 -10 -46 2
5 Erik Barzeski -8 -14 -10 -9 -41 5
6 Jeff Smith -8 -14 -12 -11 -45 3
7 Aaron White -7 -14 -9 -8 -38 T7
8 J H -10 -9 -10 -9 -38 T7
9 Kiran Vakamudi -7 -10 -7 -6 -30 10
10 Todd Barnash -7 -9 -5 -8 -29 11
11 Braswell Brandt 3 0 0 0 3 13
12 John Hohman -8 -14 -7 -10 -39 6
13 Matt Hall -6 -7 -6 -5 -24 12
* This week's position[/pre]

To Aaron: neener neener.

I've picked three of the five winners this year and I'm in 5th of our 13! Tough competition!

He didn't even pick new players?! HAHAHAHA. Rafcin rocked everyone last week!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
He shot the lowest score possible and earned himself 100 points. This week we get double points, and I'm slowly moving up the ladder. I'm comin' to get ya! (OK, I have absolutely no shot at that, but my goal is to finish this first swing in 4th).

I'm sure glad I set my calendar to remind me on Wednesday mornings to edit my ESPN team. I went and checked today and ALL FOUR of my players from last week are not playing this week, lol!

But here's something weird, I picked all new players and did it so that I had exactly 50.0 points. I got this message:

Your foursome's salary exceeds the limit of 50.0. No statistics will be accumulated until you reduce your salary below that threshold. Please change your foursome.
TEAM VALUE50.050.0 --
REMAINING SALARY-0.0

WTF? Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but some calculation is wrong there. I'll go substitute another player in the mean time so I can have my stuff counted. Then I'll go find where to submit a bug report.

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

• Administrator
I've had that "50.0 is greater than 50.0" error message before too. Pissed me off cuz I really liked my team.

This week I have a team that's 46.9. Anything in the 40s is a good team. My ideal team:
1) one guy who makes nothing but pars
2) three guys who make 9 birdies+eagles/round. I don't care what they get on the other 9 holes - triples, doubles, whatever. The par guy - or another of the three birdie/eagle guys - will make up for it.

Note: This thread is 6737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!