IGNORED

Hobbies besides Golf?

TravelGolfer
Note: This thread is 3440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are some of your other hobbies?

I do PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING for frustrated golfers. My office is the 19th hole at the many public (and private) golf courses in our area. You might be surprised to hear that there are many, many frustrated golfers out there. They think that because they hit one great shot, they will be able to repeat it. They think because they shot a "career best" yesterday, they would do it again today. Guess what, guys and gals------------------NO ONE conquers golf-----Tom Morris and son, Harry Vardon, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Palmer, Nicklaus, and Tiger NEVER did------------and NEITHER WILL YOU------------that is the attraction and challenge of "The Greatest Game of All", as Mr. Nicklaus called it in the title of one of his books.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post on this board. Hi yall. Ive been away from golf for about 7 years, and I started back playing a little this year.

Spent the last 7 years cave diving. As the dives got longer and deeper, some of the buddies dropped out. At the same time, I was catching some flack at home, so my reg dive bud and I decided to back off a little, skip a few dives, and hit some golfs.

The game sure ain't no easier than it was seven years ago.

I do a little woodworking. I'm not particularly accomplished, but along with golf it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble for the most part.

This is a busy time of year.......seems like woodworkers are always filling requests for Christmas. Lots of jewelry boxes, humidors, etc...... Here's a small jewelry box that's getting close. A beautiful piece of curly maple and Bolivian rosewood. My cruddy pic doesn't do the maple justice......it's depth and iridescence is amazing.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have too many hobbies an too little time/money...
i surf when there are waves... which around here is rare
im a sportbike freak and constantly tinker with my R1
im a web junkie and get plenty of it due to work
i love gears of war but rarely get to play it
im a hardcore chargers fan and i collect chargers stuff
i love building stuff... i built a practice net in my back yard for use with almostgolf balls

and thats just a few of the things that i do to waste time when im bored
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

although golf is definitely one of my favorite hobbies, i also enjoy restoring classic cars (i have 4 Mustangs: a 67 GTA 390 Fastback , and a 68 GT Coupe as well as a 96 Mystic Cobra and an 04 Mystichrome Cobra ), and i like restoring old soda machines. I also collect vintage gas station signs and clocks too. plus i love to fish for redfish and snook. im currently turning a small barn/stable on my property into a vintage Texaco Station which takes up most of my free time these days.

Bowling (however I'm forced to take a season off to heal from an injury), bicycling (We're riding our triplet, a bicycle built for three across the USA starting the middle part of May 2009), Motorcycling, I'm a Goldwing rider since 1985.

My 10 year old niece and I hope to hit a few golf courses during our upcoming trip this summer. Otherwise I will not be golfing for 3 whole months...that would be bad.

The bag: Atlas
In the Bag:
Ti 460 Launcher 10.5*
HiBore (steel) 15*
Launcher (steel) 19* & 22* 845 Silverscot 3-PWDaiwa SWCouger PutterThe Ball: Long & Soft Noodle

Reading, walking my dog on the beach, and that's about it.

I'll be lucky if I keep up the ambition to play golf much longer.

Since I've retired, I've missed work exactly as much as I've missed the chicken pox that I had when I was eight.

Some people were designed to veg out.

Craps.

Don't get to play all too often (which is probably a good thing). When I do get to play though, boy is it fun! Just got back back from a trip to Mesquite and did alright for myself. Taught a friend how to play too. We both had a good time.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
I just started investing in golf to be one of my hobbies. My other hobbies are Woodworking, Photography, Cycling, and building Guitars. Would home improvement DIY projects count as a hobby? lol

Kind regards,
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

Note: This thread is 3440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!