IGNORED

Putter Length... How tall are you?

Note: This thread is 5494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6'5" and use a 35". I have had longer putters but this works best for me.

By the way.....the Squareback isn't nessesarily an upgrade from the Red X series....in fact, I'd take a Red X3 or X5 anyday over the Squareback in terms of feel and how it sets up to the ball. That's just my opinion....worth perhaps exactly what you paid for it...nada.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm 5'6" and I use a 32" putter (cut down from the 33").

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

6'3" Tall
34" Putter.

Don't forget that some people have long arms like a monkey, and others have short little arms like a T-Rex

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

5'-9", and grip down on a 33" almost to the shaft metal. Attended one of the Dave Pelz clinics and his minions/disciples there were all using cut-down putters that looked like something a child would use. We thought it was some kind of joke but they were serious about it and were deadly with them. If you see pictures of Dave he actually uses one of those little sawed-off things. Not sure exactly what they measure in as, but if I had to guess I'd say approaching 30", possibly less.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers 1897-1935

I'm 5" 7" I use a 33" Little Ben

Joe

In the bag at this point

Adams RPM 9.5°
Adams Tightlies Strong 3 16°
Adams Tightlies Strong 7 24°Hogan CFT Hybrid 3Hogan CFT irons (5-P)Alien SWCameron Futura 2 35"Top Flight Gamer

Im 5-11 and i use a 34 inch putter. I grip down probably a 1/4 inch though. I never seem to use the entire grip. I think if i got my putter shortened to 33 3/4 id just grip down 1/4 inch again...lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'm 6' 1" and use a 35 inch. I have changed my stroke a few times over the years and have gone to shorter putters at times. Currently I like to have the same stance as with irons and the 35 inch is the perfect length because it allows my arms to hang straight for a smooth pendulum stroke. I have also putted with a more bent over stance (similar to Jack Nichlaus) and used a shorter putter when using that stance.

If you have a square-to-square stroke you might want to consider a center-shafted putter. For that style putting it's easier to keep the face square than it is my a heel shafted, toe-weighted putter (at least in my opinion). I putted with that approach for several years and had much better luck with center-shafted putters.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'm 5'11" or 6' and I use a 32 and 1/4" putter. I am going to be going to be putting the UST frequency shaft in my callie - f a nd making it a 34" putter though. Hurts my back with the shorter putter.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

im 6'2" and use a 35" putter

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I'm about 5'10" I use a 34in and hold it mid grip

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

6'4", 34" oddysee, but my next (and finally, last!) fitted club is a putter (ping).

Im actually a better putter than the lower handicap players I play with. Its been tossed around that my accuracy with a hockey puck could have something to do with that. Im a defenseman, and i've always moved the puck a lot. But im good at reading breaks in the green too.

Now if i could just develop some accuracy with the rest of my clubs.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

6'4", 34" oddysee, but my next (and finally, last!) fitted club is a putter (ping).

You hockey players... haha, my best friend here played college and for our semi-pro team last year... I love hockey but I can't skate... guess it has something to do with being in the south, my dad's from detroit and played as a kid

Bag:
Driver: '09 Burner 9.5*
3 wood: SQ2
Hybrid 3: SQ2
Irons 4 - AW: r7SW: Vokey SM 56FW: 64Putter: fastbackBalls: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!