IGNORED

Grumpy old farts!!1

Crey23
Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is deal....I went on my first solo outing today. I got to the first tee, and having just gotten out of work, did non have time to warm up. There was no one behind, nor were people waiting with the starter. I got up the 1st tee, and took a few practice swings (still no one was behind me), hit my first ball, a slice that nearly came back at me. put another ball, swung and topped it...5 yards. I looked and still no one there. I placed my third ball (actually the same as the second hit), and hit a nice 230 yard little to the left. This whole occurrence was of 5 min max! When I'm getting off the tee, this old man is huffin-n-puffin shacking his head! Waht gives??? I was nice waved and went on.

Under the impression that I was going to slow own this guy, i plyead a lighting fast 1st hole (double boggy) and tried to get out of his way....I never say the man again until the 9th. When i left the putting on 3rd, he was no were near putting for second. This rushing just got me off to a bad start.

I skipped the back nine. But when I got to the 18th, I took a practice shot off the tee. The guys on the 17th were just getting to the green, so I was not hindering their game or cutting ahead. I hit my shot, and errant slice (again) and was walking off the tee box.... the man is flying in his golf cart screaming at me "who the hell do you think you are... what are you doing??? " I seriously believe that this man did not complete his 17th green just to come a throw a fit. I told the guy have a nice day a drove off.

I had never experienced such bitterness on the course... anything ever happen to you?

PS ~ I had to rant sorry!

It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I can't say I understand everything you wrote, but I get the main point I think.

I got yelled at last week on the second hole of my round. I was a single but I had 3 groups of 4 stacked in front of me, so I was being forced to play slow. I'm pretty used to this as the munis around me are almost always painfully slow.

After hitting my drive on 2 i noticed 2 players coming down 1 behind me. They caught up to me before I could hit my approach. I hit a my wedge on the green to 15 feet.

While walking up I took the time to quickly rake some massive footprints out of a bunker, fix my ball mark, read my putt, and go through my putting routine. This all took me MAYBE two minutes. About half way through it I thought I heard someone yelling at me but I assumed it was another group. I missed my putt and as I walked up to tap in I heard another yell. I turn around and there is the guy standing in the fairway with his arms in the air.

I mean... we are on the second hole... really?
Yelling at the golf course... really?

I waited for them on the next tell, when they drove up and asked if they could play through, I respond "I would LOVE IT if you would." I then accepted their apology and declined the invite to play with them. I know my golf game only suffers when I'm angry.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

What is deal....I went on my first solo outing today. I got to the first tee, and having just gotten out of work, did non have time to warm up. There was no one behind, nor were people waiting with the starter. I got up the 1st tee, and took a few practice swings (still no one was behind me), hit my first ball, a slice that nearly came back at me. put another ball, swung and topped it...5 yards. I looked and still no one there. I placed my third ball (actually the same as the second hit), and hit a nice 230 yard little to the left. This whole occurrence was of 5 min max! When I'm getting off the tee, this old man is huffin-n-puffin shacking his head! Waht gives??? I was nice waved and went on.

I can assure you that if you hit 3 balls from the tee and then skipped around like that you would get yelled at here too. And not just by seniors (who you apparently have some issue with... wait until you

are one then tell me how it feels). On most courses you are expected to maintain your position unless you are playing through a group with their permission. Cutting in will get you anything from dirty looks to golf balls raining down around you. I'm both an "old fart" and a starter. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for doinks like you, and age has nothing to with it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can assure you that if you hit 3 balls from the tee and then skipped around like that you would get yelled at here too. And not just by seniors (who you apparently have some issue with... wait until you

I couldn't understand half of what you wrote, but I have to side with Fourputt on this one. There is no harm in playing multiple balls if there is no one behind you (I can't tell if there was or wasn't from your description), but the cutting around the course would get you thrown out in a few of the places I play.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

The only thing that might be similar is something that happened to my wife and I. I want to preface this with: we try to play at noon or later so the course isn't as crowded. There are times that we are slow, primarily due to the number of strokes and looking for balls, etc. because we are new. We do let faster groups play through.

A foursome caught up to us on 12 or 13 and we let them play through after our tee shots, but before my second shot. They clear the green, and then my wife and I address our second shots (might have been my wifes 3rd or fourth shot). A twosome behind us drives up to their balls after their tee shots, and as my wife and I get onto the green, the lady yells something to the effect of "we are trying to play golf here!". I looked at her. Ignored her, because she wasn't being at all nice about it, and finished up the hole. We were also about 100 yds away, and I wasn't going to yell. We drove to the next tee and waited for the group in front of us. The couple approached us and she started yelling something to the effect of what is going on, and where did we come from and why we cut in front of them. She wasn't nice about it at all. I firmly said we let that group in front of us play through and she could be nicer. Her husband didn't say much, but I think he understood what was going on. I was almost tempted to not let them play through, but wasn't going to stoop to her level. When the group in front of us cleared their second shots, I looked at him and asked him if he would like to play through. They did.

The irony of this is that I had about the longest driver off of that next tee, and almost hit on top of them, when they were hitting their 3rd shots. Some part of me wishes I hit her with it-it was probably 30 yds short.

The twosome behind them caught up when the group playing through

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

Given that you claimed a double bogey on the first hole after hitting --- what was it --- three or four drives? I can probably see where these guys are coming from. I think I can fill the gaps in pretty well.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

A Grumpy old farts VS Grumpy old farts story.....

At a Florida muni course there was a foursome trying to "push" our threesome. We couldn't go anywhere as there were two foursomes (that we were aware of) in front of us.
We were just finishing up and walking off the 10th green when this ball comes flying in smacks our golf cart and ricochets into my daughters leg (she just got into the cart) and of course she screams out loud in pain.

The cart was parked away from the green, on the cart path at about an 10 O' Clock position if one was making an approach to the green.
It's a dogleg right over water so this should have been a wedge shot to the green. I have no idea why he cranked that hard and that far left.....

Anyway the guy catches up to us at the 11th tee and apologizes stating "Sorry about that, but I wasn't aiming at you".
My buddy snaps back "Oh, I KNOW you weren't aiming, I can see your golf game isn't THAT good".
We continued on leaving the guy standing there dumbfounded.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

The only pace-of-play reason I will get irritated with a group in front of me is if they are not keeping pace with the group ahead of them. If they are, nothing they do or don't do is going to speed up my round of golf. Old folks can be grumpy, but so can young ones. The worst I've found are frustrated and hostile middle-aged people who feel like they 'own' the course (often Muni's).

As for the original poster...you might consider finding a time to play where next to NOBODY is on the course if you want to hit multiple balls, move around, etc. That way you get to play your way and don't upset anyone.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

If you have time to hit three shots off the tee, you have time to stretch a bit and hit one solid drive. If someone is behind you and you know you won't be fast, it is always easier to let them play through. And about cutting the course, that does NOT fly anywhere I have ever played.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Ok some clarification.....

On the first tee, there was no one behind me, the guy pulled up after I teed the third ball. I am very conscious of speed of play, and I would not slow down pace of any player behind me. When I hit the third drive, I went off, and actually sped up my pace on the 1st to not be a hindrance to this guy...non the less, the attitude was not required. As for my score for the first hole, the first two balls were practice, and did not try to retrieve them at any time. These were just two warm up shots.

As for the guy on the 18th, they were half way through the 17th, about 150 yards from the green. Should he have played his hole out, he would have never noticed me. I understand that if I cut someone out, there is a price to pay, but when you are nowhere even close to the next hole, is the same as being passed for slow play.

I agree that I should not have done the bit on 18...it would probably pissed me off too, but not to the point of getting in someone’s face. But the attitude of the guy at the first tee...not necessary, and as I say in my original post, I never saw the guy again. I took at least 2 or 3 hole gap on him.

Some people simply need to relax, just go out there and enjoy the game.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I hear where you are coming from. Personally, I wouldnt give a poop weather you hit 10 tee shots on the first hole as long as I or no one else was waiting. Nor would I give a poop if you hopped on 18 while I hadnt even hit my approach shot on 17. Hell, I probably wouldnt have even noticed because I tend to pay more attention to my own game than whats happening on the next tee box.

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

I had a thing like this but with a league golfer, at this course where only drunk college kids go to play... I hate the course but it was the only place that could get us on.

This guy was a hole and half behind us, and drove his obese ass up to the green as we were putting and told us to hurry up because he was on his league and we shouldnt be playing. This pissed me off, so I start running my mouth, I said what kind of old decrepant farts play at this course on league? what is your handicap 100? Then I offered to play him $50.00 a hole, I was buzzing pretty good... I told him to drag his fat ass back to his 4 some. I really thought he was going to swing at me, but coming up to the green while I was putting and he was almost 2 holes behind me... hit a nerve. Im usually very laid back and polite.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!