IGNORED

Bridgestone e6+

Titleistgolf16
Note: This thread is 5365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking about buying a sleeve of these.Is this a good ball in your experience? Does it spin less like they say it does? How good is the feel around the green?

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

I bought a couple dozen of those earlier this year. They do spin less. I hit some of the straightest shots Ive ever hit with the E6+, but you also sacrafice some backspin off the wedges.
They do have a good feel for putting, they just dont spin all that much.
I really liked the E6+, but I want more backspin than they offered.
They arent going to make a night and day difference in your game, they help but they arent going to change you for a 40 handicap hacker to a scratch player, but they will give you slightly straighter ballflight.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Great ball for the money. Good feel, great putting, good spin with wedges, but not "prov1" spin.

Give them a try.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Good ball for the price esp for a high HC. When I started playing again last spring after 8yrs off, this is the ball I started with. Switched mainly because as my swing got better I wanted something with more spin when playing in harder conditions.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

I love the e6+. They hit straight and true more than any other ball I've played, but the only problem with them, imo, is the loss of distance. You won't get as many yards with an e6+ as you would with many other high profile balls (pro v1 obviously being one of them)

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

I play the e6+ at the moment. I like the ball but I'll probably try something with a little more spin next time around.

A bad swing is still a bad swing with the appropriate result so don't expect to cure slices/hooks with the ball.

I love the e6+ feel off the putter but it is hard to get the thing to pull up on short shots around the green. Full swing approach shots seem to take enough spin to stop well enough at this time of year (winter/spring for us down under).

I haven't found it to be shorter like the poster above but I am not a big hitter at the best of times.

I play the ball and like it a lot. It does spin less, but I can still back up a full gap wedge with it. I am not really a high spin player so less spin doesn't bother me. They feel good around the green to me and have a nice feel off the putter face(no insert). I haven't noticed a loss of distance either.

It's one of the best balls I've played. Before I quit for a few years I played the Titleist Professional and Pro V1. I've never had a problem with spinning balls off irons and I have a high ball flight, so they stop quick.

Played one round with the e6+ Friday, I hit more fairways with my driver then I used to hit with my 3-wood. I was getting good distance, consistent 260 yds with my biggest drive right around 285. My irons went the distance they should have and stopped well on the greens. I stopped a 6 iron in 3 ft and most wedges would check and run, but that was the shot I was playing. I backed up a 9 iron about a foot on a par 3 also.

Overall it's one of the best balls I have played. One day when my game improves more I'll probably switch to something with higher spin, but until I am unable to stop balls on my local courses, I'll stick with the e6+.

Driver: 909 D3 Diamana Blue
3 wood Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19 S Fujikura
4-PW: ZB NS Pro 100 S
GW: 51 VokeySW: 55 VokeyLW: 60 BeCuPutter: Red X3 or Del Mar 2 TeI3Ball: TP Red LDP or Pro V1x

October 2007, I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting. I was playing the DT So/Lo at this point, and was considering the Wilson 50/50. Bridgestone suggested that these (well, the e6) would give me another 10 yards and make me hit more fairways.

I was skeptical, but they gave me a sleeve, and I gave it a try. I was hitting it a bit farther, and I hit 10 fairways that round. It felt really good. Every time I've left the e6, I've always returned.

A word of caution: don't short side yourself with these balls, green-side: you will have virtually no chance of stopping it near the hole due to the low spin. However, hitting a long chip is a lot easier, since you don't risk it checking up 20 feet early.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a dozen AAAAA on the way from LostGolfBalls. Can't wait to try them!

Driver: Burner Draw, Regular Flex Shaft, 10.5*
Irons: i3
Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth
Ball: e6+ Pro V1x

I love the e6+. They hit straight and true more than any other ball I've played, but the only problem with them, imo, is the loss of distance. You won't get as many yards with an e6+ as you would with many other high profile balls (pro v1 obviously being one of them)

I respectfully disagree. For me, this ball was plenty long, much longer than the e5+ I play, and at least as long as ProV1s for me.

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I think i have spoken aboutt hese balls once before on here. It is one of the best ball for its price. I have been going back and forth threw balls lately. Been playing Nike tour's, Callaway Tour i's and Pro V1's. But everytime someone ask me about a ball thats cheap that i like to play i always say if you want a straight ball Bridgestone e6 or Top Flight d2 straight. If you want a great ball with green control Top flight Gamer.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

I'm thinking about buying a sleeve of these.Is this a good ball in your experience? Does it spin less like they say it does? How good is the feel around the green?

If it was me thinking about buying

a sleeve , I'd just go ahead and do it and try them out for myself, rather than asking opinions (which can be mixed at the best of times). You list your normal ball as Pro V1, so here you have an opportunity to test a decent ball and save a bit of money along the way! What have you got to lose?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

You have my putter^^^^ I have been looking to get one for 2 months now. Between Golf Galaxy and Ebay im waiting to find that special one with a great price. Almost went with a used one on ebay but couldnt do that to myself.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

Dear Sandtrap Forums,

I've been thinking about picking up a Bridgestone E6+ golf ball I saw lost in the rough, but I want your opinions first...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

A word of caution: don't short side yourself with these balls, green-side: you will have virtually no chance of stopping it near the hole due to the low spin. However, hitting a long chip is a lot easier, since you don't risk it checking up 20 feet early.

I completely agree with Shindig. The e6+ is an overall great value ball, but don't expect the short game control you'd expect from premium, urethane covered balls.

Driver: G10 9* Matrix Ozik XCON6
Woods: i15 15.5*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Hybrids: i15 23*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red; i15 23* UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Irons: S57 5-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vintage Tour 52*; :eidolon: 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

Dear Sandtrap Forums,

Hmmm, tough call.

My advice would be to buy a sleeve of 3 and give them a try first. If you find you like the balls you bought, you can then go back to the rough with confidence and pick up that gem you found. Test before you pick up.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Dear Sandtrap Forums,

Better post a poll and check for group consensus......wouldn't want to take such a daring step on your own.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!