IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

I love reading old threads like this and seeing what people said almost 4 years ago. Interesting that the one ball that stood the test of time was the ProV1.

This question actually has several possible answers.

1. Priceless...I'm a little suprised it took 15 posts before someone actually made a non-golf ball comment.

2. $40 + I normally use ProV1's but I get them free. My wife's uncle is a barber and trades haircuts for golf balls with a guy that picks them up at a few courses. He then gives them to me when he gets ProV's.

3. $20-30 If I'm buying them, it's in this range. Usually NXT Tours, DT Solos or Nike Juice.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually play at NXT Tour for about $55 and occasionally PRO-V1x for about $83.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought 36 pro v1's for about a buck per ball from lostgolfballs.com via ebay. They are in AAA condition and look great. I bought them for chipping practice but they are very course playable. After getting these, it will hard to pay $4/ball from now on.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

My club pro sells them to me at his cost, which is a bonus.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I usually play at NXT Tour for about $55 and occasionally PRO-V1x for about $83.

Wow!!! Where are you buying those? Maybe you should stop buying them from wherever you are IMMEDIATELY and go to any other store that sells golf balls. You will find them for much cheaper.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

My club pro sells them to me at his cost, which is a bonus.

So how much do you pay per dozen?

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

So how much do you pay per dozen?

Pro V1/ V1x -- $35

Bridgestone B330s -- $29

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I like to play titleist pro v1 or callaway tour hx56. I buy alot of stuff on e-bay and find some good deals on golf balls.

Driver: G2 Aldila 65s
3-wood: G5 fujikura vista pro 70 s
16* G5 hybrid TFC 100 shaft s
irons: 3-SW Ping G2 CS Lite s LW: ping eye 2Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5

My wife says if I don't stop playing golf so much, my balls won't be worth much to her....lol

I have a friend that collects balls and hooks me up with some Pro-Vs and the like all the time. However, I usually hit whatever is the least expensive as I'm still learning. I can usually pick up a set (12-18) for about $20 at Acadamy.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

I play Srixon Z-URS most of the time. In the dead of summer, when the greens get a little harder and faster, I play Z-URCs for the extra spin. I think both are 39.99/dozen.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

My wife says if I don't stop playing golf so much, my balls won't be worth much to her....lol

Hi-Ooohhhhhhhh

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

hey leek i thought the urs srixon had more short iron spin?

Nope. Just like the Prov1x spins more than the Prov1, the Z-URC spins more than the Z-URS.

The problem for me with the Z-URC and the Prov1x is if the greens are receptive at all, I can spin them back off the green. When the greens are rock hard and you can't stop the ball, I use those.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

What do you think about the NXT Tour? Cause I thought tons of players use those balls but you guys don't seem to play them.
And when I would have to choose between the V1 and V1x.. What's the difference?

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

Wow!!! Where are you buying those? Maybe you should stop buying them from wherever you are IMMEDIATELY and go to any other store that sells golf balls. You will find them for much cheaper.

Not at all, that guy is Swedish, so he's paying a normal price. But the dollar isn't worth too much anymore and I guess he just put the amount in dollars so you guys didn't have to sort out how much it actually is. Same thing here in Belgium, that's why I started ordering my clubs in the US ;)

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!