IGNORED

Callaway FT 3 or 4 Hybrid

Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm torn which hybrid to get. I am replacing my 4 iron (23*). So, my gap is 5 wood (19*) and 5 iron (26*).

Which Callaway FT hybrid should I get - the 3 (21*) or the 4 (24*)?????

Thanks for your advice...

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I would look at something in a 23*, if possible. Dont the Callaway Heavenwoods come in 23*?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would look at something in a 23*, if possible. Dont the Callaway Heavenwoods come in 23*?

yes indeedy :)

*Edit* and the heavenwood may be easier to hit than the hybrid, just through personal experience...callaway heavenwoods are beautiful out of just about any lie

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I have both of these hybrids. I would say get the 4 hybrid, as that is closest to the iron you are replacing. That way the distance gap isn't quite so large. Your 5 wood should generally cover the distance areas you would want for a 3H anyway.

In my Ogio Grom XX Stand Bag:

Taylormade JetSpeed Driver (10.5°)

Taylormade JetSpeed Fairway 3 Wood (17°)

Taylormade SpeedBlade 3H, 4H Hybrids (19°, 22°)

Taylormade SpeedBlade Steel Irons 5-PW

Taylormade SpeedBlade Wedges AW,SW,LW (50°, 55°, 60°)

Odyssey Versa 330M Putter

Ill be getting a 3 hybrid in 19* to fill my yardage gap as I have been experiencing that gap a lot lately....sucks when you have to lay up because your hitting to a green on a peninsula that is in between my 4h 190-200 and my 3 wood 220-230. I dont need to be deadly accurate with my longer clubs, but I have to fill that gap with something.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been kicking around swapping my 4h for a 3h, and choking down a bit when I want... But I plan on getting fit soon for the first time, and I'll wait to see what my Clubfitter thinks.

driver: FTiQ
3w-5w: FTi Squareway
4h-5h: SQ Sumo^2
6i-9i: Burner 09
42*, 52*, 56*: CG14 Black Pearl Wedgesputter: Hannaball: bags: cart: 3.0

I got both back in Dec and love them. Be sure to check prices at the Callaway Preowned site before you buy elsewhere. Got all my clubs there and "like new" is brand new in my experience (7 orders). I got my FT hybrids for $74 each. Brand new! They had a sale after Thanksgiving. I think the normal price is about $100 (half price from most online retailers). Fantastic clubs and I wished I had tried the hybrids years ago.

Well....I got the 4hybrid. So...now my gaps are 5 wood (19*), 4h (24*) and 5iron (26*). I still feel unsure about the 5* gap between the 5wood and 4hy, but I guess we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for their input!

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!