IGNORED

How many putts do you average?

prutkows
Note: This thread is 6453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many putts do you average per round?

• less than 30
    • 30-32.9
    • 33-34.9
    • 35-36
    • more than 36

so im sure a few of you remember me claiming to almost never have more than 25 putts a round.. i didnt realize how impossible that is. ive played 4 rounds since then all on the same par 72 course:
round1: 78, 33 putts
round2: 75, 31 putts
round3: 76, 30 putts
round4: 79, 32 putts

average of 77, 31.5 putts.
these were all better than average putting days.

how many putts does everyone else here average? or think they average.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

From most recent to oldest:

Round 1: 81, 31 putts (0 3-putts, 5 1-putts)
Round 2: 85, 33 putts (1 3-putt, 4 1-putts)
Round 3: 86, 33 putts (0 3-putts, 5 1-putts)
Round 4: 97, 32 putts (1 3-putt, 5 1-putts)

I've done a nice job of avoiding 3 putts and had some great lags during my most recent round. If I can just drop a few more of those ten foot par putts that I leave myself after mediocre chips (or just improve the short game!) I think I can break 30.

• Administrator
My putting average is 30.69 this year. My PPGIR is too high, though - 1.92.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My stats are skewed by the small number of GIR I have. I am averaging 32.8 puts per round this year. I haven't hit more than 6 GIR all year, 3 or 4 is typical. Since I am often hiting my 3rdor 4th shot from just off the green.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Let me first say that 30-36 putts is way too big of a range. 30 putts and I'm putting well. 36 putts, I want to put my putter in a lake.

Looking at my stats, when I'm putting well, I average 31 putts per round. The last two times out, I've been experimenting with different stances and postures, and I've tallied a 36 and a 37. (I've putted with a 33" putter for years, but a back injury has me trying to adopt a more upright stance and a 34" putter for less strain on my lower back...)

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Let me first say that 30-36 putts is way too big of a range. 30 putts and I'm putting well. 36 putts, I want to put my putter in a lake.

yeah i realized 30-36 was too big of a range after i created the poll. i didnt know how to edit it so i just left it. sorry.

200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW

• Administrator
yeah i realized 30-36 was too big of a range after i created the poll. i didnt know how to edit it so i just left it. sorry.

If you start another thread with a finer range of putts, I can delete this one. Just remind me of this thread's URL so I can do that... Since this poll has votes already, I can't really "edit" the poll to provide more choices.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On average I am sightly better that 2 putts per GIR. I don't three putt too often. However, the total putts stat can be esily skewed by missing a green by a few feet and chipping or putting from the fringe, which I do too often. I had 18 putts for 9 holes on Sunday with 1 three putt and 1 one putt. Had I hit every green in regulation I would have shot a 35. Alas, I did not. Therefore it was a 44.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I know exactly how many putts. I averaged 36.6 over my last 12 rounds. The lowest number of putts was 32. I don't want to talk about the highest

But strangely my scoring actually got a bit better. One reason that my putting was high is that my miss-hits are getting better and because of this I'm hitting more greens in regulation. But a side effect of this is that I get more 3 putts because I trickle one on the front edge and get 60 footer. Also I really need to work on my up and downs....

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

so im sure a few of you remember me claiming to almost never have more than 25 putts a round.. i didnt realize how impossible that is. ive played 4 rounds since then all on the same par 72 course:
round1: 78, 33 putts
round2: 75, 31 putts
round3: 76, 30 putts
round4: 79, 32 putts

average of 77, 31.5 putts.
these were all better than average putting days.

how many putts does everyone else here average? or think they average.

i remade this thread so i could have a finer range of putts on the poll.

iacas, the old thread is at http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3358

200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW

Well, I play off 6 and in my last round I shot 75 (+5). In that round I had 33 putts. One 3-putt, thirteen 2-putts, and four 1-putts. Its not great but it still got me around in one under my handicap so I'm not complaining!!! When you have aroudn 30/31/32 putts, do you tend to have mostly 2-putts like myself, or do you tend to have lot's of 3-putts and 1-putts?? Just interested....

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

i play off 5 and my last 2 rounds were 77 and 75 on par 70 (sss 71 though) and in the 77 i had 33 putts and the 75 included 31 putts with two 3 putts

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

too many 3 putts to say anything but 36 or more

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

Since January 1 this year,

Putts Per Round: 29.3
Putts Per GIR: 1.88

It's a bit flattering really, as of February I have been mostly playing on a course with quite small greens so I have lots of opportunities for very easy up and downs from close range. The greens are pretty bumpy at times so I am claiming that as the reason for the highish putts per GIR number!

Last year my putts per round average was 30.85 and putts per GIR was 1.74 mostly on a course with normal size greens.

In 22 rounds:

Avg Putts 1.79
Avg Putts Front Nine 1.8
Avg Putts Back Nine 1.77
Avg Putts Per Green in Regulation 1.94
Avg Putts Per Green Non-Reg 1.58
Zero Putts 3 (1%)
One Putts 89 (27%)
Two Putts 217 (65%)
Three or More Putts 24 (7%)

Putting is more-or-less my weakest part of the game but I'm working on it. Hard to learn "feel" I have found.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

My last 5 rounds:

94, 38 putts
89, 36 putts
94, 39 putts
92, 38 putts
88, 34 putts

I think as one of the guys said above - when I putt well - it makes a significant difference (obvious I suppose). It's just getting rid of those pesky 3 putts!!

Hopefully if I can get my approach shots a bit better - it will stop those 30ft first putts that are often left well short and lead to a 3 putt.
In My Bag:
Driver: Srixxon XX10 10.5°
3 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel 15°
Hybrid: TaylorMade Mid No.4 22°
Irons: TaylorMade RAC OS 4-PWWedges: Cleveland 588 Rusty 51° & 58°Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-BallBall: Callaway HX Hot

another 75 today with 29 putts, one 3 putt.

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

Note: This thread is 6453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!