IGNORED

Balls Lost!

Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like most golfers I struggle with the lost balls and I really need an affordable and reliable place to buy these. I have been to a ball fitting and would like to give a run at the high end Nike, Pro V1 or Taylormade, I just can't stomach the price! Any suggestions? I hear there are a few good places for once hit or used balls as well.

MachSpeed STR8-FIT

AP1 4-W

Spin Milled 60Two Ball

Why do you feel like you need such a high end ball? Honestly if you're losing that many balls, you probably don't need a premium ball.

I didn't start buying balls till I got to the point where I was only losing one or none a round. And I still buy the budget ones, I just did my research on what is the best budget ball out there. Until then I just played what I found and if I lost it, it didn;t really lose me anything...

That's whole lot of balls I just typed....

Why do you feel like you need such a high end ball? Honestly if you're losing that many balls, you probably don't need a premium ball.

LOL I'm only losing about 2 a round.

MachSpeed STR8-FIT

AP1 4-W

Spin Milled 60Two Ball

here's an idea, look for a few golf balls?
that's where I get all my ones.

And do you honestly need pro v's or nike tour's?

What's wrong with a pinnacle? it'll fade/draw less and you won't get chips that check out of nowhere.
they mightn't stop like a premium ball but they'll still stop if you strike them properly.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Two is not so bad, but honestly I'd try one of the better Budget balls. For guys like us, it probably wouldn't make much difference.

Noodle+ Easy Distance, Srixon Soft Feel, Pinnacle Dimension, and Top Flite Gamer V2, are all GREAT balls that can be had for <$20

Two is not so bad, but honestly I'd try one of the better Budget balls. For guys like us, it probably wouldn't make much difference.

that's a really nice ball.

try get some of those.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Top Flite d2 feel

-----------------
Driver: Ping G20 10.5
4 wood: Ping G20 16.5
Hybrid: Ping I20 23

5-P: Cleveland CG16 tour

Wedge: Cleveland Cg16 56

Putter: Cleveland classic

Ball: Top Flite D2 feel

The Noodles are an excellent ball for the price, I keep them in my bag as spares and they feel great.

Ozone Stand Bag............Tour Burner 10.5............MX-300 Project X 6.0............Marilyn 34"

I love the precept laddie. It does not check up like the premium balls, but it will hold the green and stop relatively well on a well struck shot. Plus I can get 24 balls for 20 dollars

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

In all my ball quests I've never bought noodles...I hit one once and just killed it stage right.....by far the longest hit, I just couldn't find it afterwards...LOL

I recently got fitted by Titleist, and the guy showed me ProV1x and NXT Tours. I haven't played either ball....played ProV1's (not X), and I had good results, but my game is not upto that point yet. I have found that for me, I've gotten great results from TriSpeeds and Gamers (original - I have not gotten the results I expected with the V2, but will try again). The AD333 are great long balls and play very well on and around the greens. Most of these balls mentioned run you under $25.

there is much discussion around who will benefit from premium balls, I won't make this thread one of those, but i tend to believe that most players will just fine with mid priced balls, ans you get closer to scratch then you can really reap the benefits of a Pro V1(x) or Bridgestone BX330 series, and the Z-Star series of srixon. With that said,srixon offers just as good or better performance for $5 less that ProV's.

I played Srixon Z-Star x tour yellow the other day, and found them to be great around greens and short game, very long with the driver, with minimal side spin. And the visibility of the ball was fantastic. On my second shot from the fringe (right next to the driving rage) I hit my ball with very high launch, aimed a bit too right and I thought it dropped inside the fence...came to find it next to the tee box for the next hole....can't miss the bright yellow ball!!!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I've played both the ProV1 and NXT Tour. The only difference that I've seen is the NXT Tour sounds a little harder than the ProV1.

Driver G10 10.5*
3 Wood G10 15.5*
5 Wood G5
Hybrid G10 21*
Irons 4-P G10Wedges Tour W 54* & 58*Putter G2 CrazeBag Hoofer LiteBall ProV1X

Think about it... if you lose 2 balls/rd that's 12 balls over the course of only 6 rounds.

6 rounds @ maybe $40/rd = $240.. PLUS the $50 for the dozen of premium balls EVERY SIX ROUNDS. save $25 per dozen and get a less expensive, but playable ball (you can probably score a free dozen on some of them, too!)

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I bought mine on Craigslist, saw an AD for 200+ for $25 90% are STRATA Practice Balls and a few Titliest 1's and 4's needless to say they were over 300 balls in total! Since I am a beginner only been hacking for about a good two months now. Can't go wrong with Craigslis for them, which I ussually loose about 5 Per round of golf.

Lostgolfballs.com which I recently dealt with offer reduced prices/sales on certain balls as well, including buckets of 50 and 100. Mostly for the price I picked up 50 Nike Karmas to start out with a pretty low compression ball at $30 (incl. shipping) since who knows how often I'd lose them. They were the cheapest set of 50, so. ;)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I encourage all 20+ handicappers to continue to use premium golf balls so I can continue to fill my shag bag with pro v1's!

I love those people too!

Nothing like finding a 1 hit wonder pro V.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!