IGNORED

Tin Cup

Big D
Note: This thread is 6424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Am I the only person on the site to own the soundtrack??

There are some classic quotes in it from Gary McCord. (Roy hits a ball from the bar to a pelican on a piller - McCord: He's in jail here, no chance for parole he's got 30 feet bar and grill ....)

Not a bad shot at a Hollywood golfing pick ! Not as good as Caddyshack but possible better then Happy Gilmore.

Anyone else agree or disagree ?

oh no, I love it... Very often on the course you hear me use quotes like "just keep making pars David", "a little gust there Homes" and "I can do that shot... then do it, quit f'ing around, you get this one wet and we'll disqualified", "who hit that shot ?!?" ... one of my favorite movies .

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like Tin Cup better than Caddyshack. Maybe Caddyshack was too many years before my time, but it's overrated as far as I'm concerned. I just can't get through the entire movie without turning it off.

I loved Tin Cup! I also enjoyed Happy Gilmore quite a bit, but I liked it more for the comedy than the actual golf storyline.

• Administrator
I like Tin Cup better than Caddyshack. Maybe Caddyshack was too many years before my time, but it's overrated as far as I'm concerned. I just can't get through the entire movie without turning it off.

I too think Caddyshack is overrated.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Am I the only person on the site to own the soundtrack??

Nope. I bought it shortly after the movie came out. There are some good tunes in that movie.

Not a bad shot at a Hollywood golfing pick ! Not as good as Caddyshack but possible better then Happy Gilmore.

I like it just as much as Caddyshack. Not as much for the golf as the great quotes. The plot is a bit thin, but hey, it looks like Citizen Kane next to Caddyshack 2.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I am also a "Tin Cup" guy... Besides the great golf quotes, I would watch Renee Russo read the phone book. My only complaint is that there is no way you spin a 3 wood back off the green... Anyone else notice that except me. I'm sorry, but that is just too unbelievable for me.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator
I am also a "Tin Cup" guy... Besides the great golf quotes, I would watch Renee Russo read the phone book. My only complaint is that there is no way you spin a 3 wood back off the green... Anyone else notice that except me. I'm sorry, but that is just too unbelievable for me.

"Suspension of disbelief." No idiot would go for the green to begin with. The rest is just icing on the Chocolate Double-Disbelief Cake.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I liked the movie. But to enjoy it, as Erik pointed out, you had to suspend some belief... among other things the aerial shot of the "Open" course looked like no U.S. Open venue ever.

I have the sound track. Love the Shawn Colvin song "Back to Salome" that unfortunately only ran over the credits.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

...among other things the aerial shot of the "Open" course looked like no U.S. Open venue ever....

that means USGA didn't do good job

I read somewhere that Warner Bros had USGA consultants hired to make a course somewhere in Houston look like 'US Open venue'. These were the same people who actually set up courses for the Open

...No idiot would go for the green to begin with....

If you don't see why he did it - you haven't paid attention through the entire movie

. Anyway - in this situation - I'd go for it. as Molly said in the movie few minutes later.. Erik, do you remember who won US Open 5 years ago(ok, YOU probably do, but 99% of fans don't!)? How about 10 years ago? I'm pretty sure every american golf fan remembers who has the scoring record at US Open

Love the flick! In fact, when my partners start messing up in a round, I always come back to the "move the change from one pocket to the other".

I own the "Golf for Dummies" (not proud; I am still a dummy as it relates to golf) book, and in it McCord references the movie on how he showed the director how to get out of the sand with a showel or something.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• Administrator
If you don't see why he did it - you haven't paid attention through the entire movie

I still contend that even an idiot wouldn't go for the green in that situation. Coming from a driving range and finishing second or winning or tying would be plenty good enough for just about everyone.

Tiger would have laid up. Phil probably would have gone for it.

excellent movie, I still watch it every now and again. I love to watch "golf movies", I liked caddyshack (the first one) but not as much as Tin Cup or Dead, Solid, Perfect.
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

Note: This thread is 6424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!