IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

Is the eye line stuff you are working on top secret stuff or something you can share a bit more about. I am not sure I understand how tilting it as you have affects body alignments. Hopefully you are able to share more on this.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mchepp

Is the eye line stuff you are working on top secret stuff or something you can share a bit more about. I am not sure I understand how tilting it as you have affects body alignments. Hopefully you are able to share more on this.

Tilting the head to the right gets my eyeline pointing more to the right.  Kind of tough to explain without showing you in person.  Stand up and bring your right ear closer to your right shoulder.  Notice how the eyeline is now aimed right?  This is something I learned last week.  What I already knew about neck tilts is below.

Tilting the head in that manner, also called neck tilts, aligns the neck with the spine.  I think it can help the torso and club to working at the same speed keeping the wedge in a little longer and slowing down PA#3.  Also helps the ball stay in our central vision from A1-A7.  If the head is turned too far to the right, that can mess with shoulder measurements and sequencing the arms with the pivot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...

Some recent practice to get the arms down faster and improve dynamics.  For me doing this kind of practice really helps Key #3, flat left wrist.

Mike McLoughlin

Does Chad Campbell know someone stole his swing, what are your distances and ball flight like? Did you work on the Jim Hardy principles when ou built that?

Originally Posted by pholmes

Does Chad Campbell know someone stole his swing, what are your distances and ball flight like? Did you work on the Jim Hardy principles when ou built that?

I try to hit every shot with a push draw.  I'm not a Jim Hardy guy, I'm a 5 Keys guy I'm Co-Director in 5 Simple Keys Instruction in San Diego.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys

Our DVD just launched!

http://thesandtrap.com/t/59860/purestrike-5-simple-keys-dvds-now-available

And I'm manager for Golf Evolution Online Instruction

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/plans

Mike McLoughlin

Oddly enough, thats what my ball flight amounts to, I try to do one thing the same as you.  That is lifting the handle and not letting the shaft pass the left arm until well into the follow through.  For some reason this changes with the driver, and I hit a push with no draw.  I aim at the left rough to hit to the middle of the fairway, like Trevino, and it has become my most consistant club everytime I set up right.  Do you hit it low or high?  Are the five keys part of your product, or do you discuss them in public?

Oddly enough, thats what my ball flight amounts to, I try to do one thing the same as you.  That is lifting the handle and not letting the shaft pass the left arm until well into the follow through.  For some reason this changes with the driver, and I hit a push with no draw.  I aim at the left rough to hit to the middle of the fairway, like Trevino, and it has become my most consistant club everytime I set up right.  Do you hit it low or high?  Are the five keys part of your product, or do you discuss them in public?

I hit it medium/high.  The Five Keys is not my product, it's a Medicus DVD and a learning system.  There is currently 20-30 accredited 5 Simple Keys® instructors around the world.... and growing :-)

As you can tell from the thread we can discuss it publicly

Originally Posted by pholmes

Is Charles Howell 111 a model for what you guys like to see?

He definitely has a really good motion, lots of great pieces on the backswing.  We don't have a model per se, golfers from Jim Furyk to Matt Kuchar consistently demonstrate all 5 Keys :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Cool, well I am no expert, and you guys have the data, so it sound like their are no outliers on the tour that have too much lateral or head movement. They are at least relatively still with their head and lateral movement.  I cant tell from watching video.  Thanks for the help. I know flrppers won't last to long on tour, or playerwith poor clubface awareness.

• Administrator

Cool, well I am no expert, and you guys have the data, so it sound like their are no outliers on the tour that have too much lateral or head movement. They are at least relatively still with their head and lateral movement.  I cant tell from watching video.  Thanks for the help. I know flrppers won't last to long on tour, or playerwith poor clubface awareness.

I'm certain there are outliers, but that's what they are: outliers. And there are fewer of them nowadays than in the past.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was looking at Anthony Kims swing, it looks like he has a fairly significant head move off the ball.  Maybe that is another reason for his inconsistency.

I was looking at Anthony Kims swing, it looks like he has a fairly significant head move off the ball.  Maybe that is another reason for his inconsistency.

He comes pretty close to re-centering it by the end of the backswing though.  I'm not a huge fan of his swing though

Anthony kim a1-a4 caddy.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Yeah, I didnt notice that, thats a real good, and necessary compensation move.  Would love to see to what frederick jakobson SP? looks like.

The camera moves but if you look at the rails in the background, you'll see he keeps his head relatively steady.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks, good find iacas.  Good thing he can scramble, I remember years ago he was working with Harmon.  Apparently it used to be worse,  I just watched some more, even he has done a decent job of getting the head back it impact.  Do you guys think V.J. has too many moving parts, or his swing is too loose?

• 3 weeks later...