IGNORED

Offset on a club

nonym80
Note: This thread is 4967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a way for the offset of the irons adjusted?

i was thinking of reducing the offset on my TM OS RAC 2

and lowering the offset on my Mizuno MX-25

is this possible or am I just dreaming?

Not possible (that I know of). But why do you want to reduce the offset? My guess is because of reading about people disliking offset on internet golf forums. I just shot 74, 76, 76 with my Mizuno MX-200s (offset), but sometimes I play MacGregor MT Pro irons (little to no offset). Doesn't change how I swing.

as mentioned above not sure its at all possible

and if it is, proably not worth the $$ - just buy new irons as a 35+ index, offset is your freind to a better ball striker (not taking a stab at you, just a generalization) offset can create a big ol hook..for me anyways but so can a bad swing usually GI irons will have more offset than a players irons also i think its a head thing....less offset in my mind looks better at address
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

For game improvement irons, the MX-25s don't have that much offset. How badly could it be affecting you? No offense, but given your handicap I doubt you could tell a difference of a tenth of an inch, which is basically half of the offset for the longer irons.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

The only way to would be to adjust the loft of the clubs, but this will affect both bounch and offset. You probably won't be able to tell the difference.

If you weaken the loft you will increase bounce and reduce offset. Strengthing will do the opposite.

The only way to would be to adjust the loft of the clubs, but this will affect both bounch and offset. You probably won't be able to tell the difference.

No...... the offset will remain. Yes......... you will change the bounce.

Some models of clubs have more offset than others. If you want less offset, switch model of irons. For an example, check out the Irons Comparison module of the Callaway website:
http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/e...ubs/irons.html

As enis750 said, offset is the friend of higher hdcp golfers. Don't worry about new irons until you start shooting in 90s.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No...... the offset will remain. Yes......... you will change the bounce.

You better tell Paul Casey he is wrong as well.

Do you really think you can rotate the club face away from the hosel and keep the same offset. Look at your club and imagine rotating the face. You should be able to see that the leading edge does not remain in the same position.

You better tell Paul Casey he is wrong as well.

OK... I understend what you mean in theory. In fact I tend to agree.......but it is a very slight change at best. But I would not recommend bending the the MX-25's or the Rac OS2's to such a degree because by time these clubs are bent enough to minimize the offset, the dynamic balance of the clubhead will be totally changed, not to mention the built in bounce. These clubs are already strong lofted clubs and he might end up with a bag full of 1 irons.....per say.

OK... I understend what you mean in theory. In fact I tend to agree.......but it is a very slight change at best.

Which is why I said in my original post that he probably won't be able to tell the difference.

thanks for the replies, and the reason why i have asked is that I tend to hit the ball better with a less offset club than the ones with the big offsets which I have a tendency to shank it or hook the ball way to the left and right, on the other hand if I use a club that have a less offset I can hit it consistently and a lot straighter.

As for my handicap I do not have one yet, that's just a number i posted there since I started playing in the course for the first time which was 2 months ago, at the moment I average about a Bogey a Hole, im still learning.. going 4 months now on and off playing every two weeks.

thanks for the replies, and the reason why i have asked is that I tend to hit the ball better with a less offset club than the ones with the big offsets which I have a tendency to shank it or hook the ball way to the left and right, on the other hand if I use a club that have a less offset I can hit it consistently and a lot straighter.

Obviously-play what you want, but it's in your head. You're not shanking, hooking, or slicing the ball because your club has offset.

Note: This thread is 4967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!