IGNORED

What Putter do you use?

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can get a 9/10 used Cameron for $90-$125 - most models.

ehh, your gonna need about 150-180 for a used studio style in a store. Ebay might be around 160-190 for the same one in 9/10. Im sure a studio select would be a little more prolly around 190-225

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did it replace?

I had been ho'ing back and forth between a few TM Rossa putters, and a 2-ball with a huge hacker super stroke grip. Have been really struggling with short putts recently. The 2-ball/superstroke was very accurate, but really distracted the feel of the ball.

Back to fundamentals, and back to the Cameron for tomorrows round.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Odyssey Black series i9 is what I use and works great~~~

WITB:
R9 TP 9.5° Mitsubishi Fubuki 73 X5CT S Felx, 15° Fujikura Motore F1 65 S Flex
Rescue 19° Aldila Voodoo SVS8 S Flex
X-20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
CG12 52°, RTG 56°, 60° Black Series i9

A good one.

Nahh I use a Tour Betinadi or a putter that I got custom made.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

ehh, your gonna need about 150-180 for a used studio style in a store. Ebay might be around 160-190 for the same one in 9/10. Im sure a studio select would be a little more prolly around 190-225

Good thing I posted MOST and wasn't talking about the Studio Selects then! Whew!! :)

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Old Mizuno Betinadi Mallet (well not that old but probably made in 06 or 07). It looks new except a couple of tiny rust spots I haven't steel wooled off. I like it a whole lot. It has a good feel, set up, weight, all that jazz. I've had it for 2 years now and the original grip is still in good shape. Those Winn AVS grips really hold up for how soft they are.

I'm a better putter than I've ever been. I still struggle with midrange and lag putting a bit but inside of 15 feet I can almost always give it a real chance. My good short putting has save me a bunch b/c my speed isn't always the best. What a nice feeling that is when you don't care if you have 3 feet coming back.

Brian

Maybe it's just me, and my putter, but I find that mid-mallet/blade sets up very well for a very slight open/close right hand dominant swing.

You are so correct sean_miller. Everything I have read about putting strokes led me to the mid-mallet as well. Once you know your sroke, then you can find the right putter.

My bag is quickly becoming all as I am planning to buy a 910 D2 driver and possibly a 910 Hybrid (when they come out) but I am never going to putt with anything but PING . The following is my line up (in order of favorite to play with):

Zing Redwood 35in Black Satin

Zing Redwood 35in Black Nickel

B60 35in Copper Beryllium
(excellent cond and do not use because it may be worth something one day)

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Just bought a RIFE Cayman Brac blade. Looking forward to trying it out Monday. I'm not really digging the look of the black BETTINARDI on the greens for some reason.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

My bag is quickly becoming all

i agree...PING putters are GREAT

thats where it sll started......at least the whole anser style putter i sold my Karsten Anser when i got my Odyssey.......gonna miss it.... I must say tho, I also miss my Scotty i putted like crap with it, and it didnt suit my stroke at all....but it was a Scotty......i know i know, makes NO sense.....
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i agree...PING putters are GREAT

I had a Anser for quite awhile but for what ever reason a heel shafted putter works better for my stroke so I started playing around with the Zing style putters and loved them so much I bought two...I actually like the back nickel more just becuase there is no sun glare on the putter from any angle.

I had a Anser for quite awhile but for what ever reason a heel shafted putter works better for my stroke so I started playing around with the Zing style putters and loved them so much I bought two...I actually like the back nickel more just becuase there is no sun glare on the putter from any angle.

ive been blinded by the black nickel finishon redwoods before from the sun. The finish is very reflective, Most of the time it isnt a problem though but that one day when the sun was hitting that putter the right way, it was blinding to look at it while I putted. I kind of just hit it.

ive been blinded by the black nickel finishon redwoods before from the sun. The finish is very reflective, Most of the time it isnt a problem though but that one day when the sun was hitting that putter the right way, it was blinding to look at it while I putted. I kind of just hit it.

Hmm...interesting...I have not had that problem at all...but what I do know is that I have had that problem multiple times with non-black putters in the past.

Hmm...interesting...I have not had that problem at all...but what I do know is that I have had that problem multiple times with non-black putters in the past.

I think we might be talking about the wrong finish here, are you talking about the black satin or the black nickel. You said black nickel but your signature says black satin, lol.. yea I dont think there is any glare with the black satin but there definitly is with the black nickel, its almost got a mirror quality to it

I think we might be talking about the wrong finish here, are you talking about the black satin or the black nickel. You said black nickel but your signature says black satin, lol.. yea I dont think there is any glare with the black satin but there definitly is with the black nickel, its almost got a mirror quality to it

yes...your right I meant the "Black Satin" in my earlier post

I've got 3 Scotty's I alternate between. #1 gamer is my Newport 2 button back #2 California Del Mar #3 Studio Select Newport 2.

Love em all........until they start missing putts.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Oh my, where to start. I have a bit of a "putter fetish" going on right now. Here's what I currently have:

- Scotty Cameron Newport Beach Tour A015308 (current gamer)
- Scotty Cameron Inspired By David Duval (current "bad weather" gamer)
- Scotty Cameron JLM Coronado Tour A006864
- Scotty Cameron Custom Shop TeI3 Newport (refinished in Pro Platinum)
- Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Studio Design #2 (CS POTD 7/23/10)
- Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #6 (Charcoal Mist finish)
- Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Coronado Mid-Slant (current project)
- Ping Redwood D66
- Odyssey White Hot SRT 2-ball
- Odyssey Black Series #3

And putters that I had but ended up selling:

- Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
- Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Yes, I know. It doesn't make sense.

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!