IGNORED

Hey there fellow duffers

islandgirl
Note: This thread is 6219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my first forum, truly indicative of how addicted I am to golf. I started playing golf 2 yrs ago after many years of getting the nudge from my brother. I wish I had started years ago, because I can't get enough.

The first year I played I didn't break 100 until the very end of the season. I was fortunate to have been able to play quite a few rounds during our winter down in FLA that year, so I guess it kept my swing somehat in the groove. Last year I scored pretty consistently in the mid to low 90's. This year I hope to break 90 and keep it there consistently!

We'll see about that though... I like to set the bar high!

Looking forward to talking to all of you guys.

driver:G2 graphite reg flex
FW:HiBore 3w, G2 7w
Irons:: x20, 4-pw steel shaft uniflex
wedges: SW and GW, steel reg
Putter: G5 Craz-eBalls:Callaway HX Hot

Welcome to the fray. It can get pretty messy in here at times... people are passionate about things. But that's golf, huh?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

This is my first forum, truly indicative of how addicted I am to golf. I started playing golf 2 yrs ago after many years of getting the nudge from my brother. I wish I had started years ago, because I can't get enough.

Welcome to the board. "I wish I had started years ago" is the motto of many of your new friends here too Congrats on breaking 100. I've been playing almost as long as you have and have yet to break 100. You've made quite an accomplishment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi!!

I'm new also, but can't make a thread of my own so saying hello to you the new girl and everyone else out there.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Welcome Island girl. This game gets its hooks in you and won't let go. Welcome Klew.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No kidding! I'm going to play now...even though it's only about 40* out right now. Welcome Klew, and thanks for the warm welcomes from the rest of you.

I'm new here too. But I've been playing golf since I was 10. Just be happy you live in a warm state!! Once you get addicted the game, winters are brutal!! I live in Montana and we go 5 months with the courses closed. I trie to make it out every time the temp gets over 40 in the winter months. Even now, we're still playing around snow drifts on the course!!! Anybody else from the cold north on here??

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Welcome aboard. With a name like islandgirl I thought you would be one of those to bleessed to be in Hawaii ;)

LOL!! No, islandgirl-meaning that I'm orginally from an island...I've been in the States for a loooong time, but still can't get used to the New England weather...But at least we've got the Red Sox!

Hello!!! I'm new to this forum and golf as you may have read. I love this game played softball for years. I'm with you I played no matter the weather. What Island are you from.

In Your Bag

Nike Sumo2 5900
Adams Speedline 9032TI
Adams A4 Hybrid Irons 3-LWRife 2 Bar Hybrid PutterSrixon Z Star XAdams Cart Bag

Hello!!! I'm new to this forum and golf as you may have read. I love this game played softball for years. I'm with you I played no matter the weather. What Island are you from.

Puerto Rico originally, but I l live in CT now. Welcome to the forum and the game or addiction, which ever you prefer

Addiction is a great word for it. Big weather change for you.

Yes to both. You know you're addicted when you play and it's freezing

, and the weather change..well let's just say that I stomp my feet pretty much all winter (although oddly enough I do ski), and make sure I go somewhere warm at least twice during the winter months.

I too am new to this forum, I have recently picked up golf again after 15 years of doing other sports. I managed to get the handicap down to 8 when I was about 16 and now are struggling around a little bit higher than that.

One thing I noticed was the massive change in technology in golf. I think it is a lot easier now than it was because the golf clubs are so much more forgiving. Which I am all in favour of! Another thing I have noticed since beginning again is how addictive this sport is, I just want to get out and hit balls all day. i have to hold back and let life get in the way.

Anyway its good to read all the pointers and tips and also find out what is going on in the world of golf.

Nice to meet you all.

Big Dog (Jase)

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

Note: This thread is 6219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!