IGNORED

Maxfli Noodle or Top Flite D2?

Tim
Note: This thread is 6160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Today i went fown to my local golf should hunting for golf balls.I usually use Top flight XLT'S but i thought today i might try something today and i found a whole wide range there.I wondered how good the D2's were so i bought a Distance six pack of them and tested them out they hit solid are are good for the Bump and Run but i am yet to drive them.
The Maxfli Noodle i thought i might try too since they were marked down becuase of new Maxfli stock.I had a chip around with the Maxfli Noodle and i was really impressed how well it chips and how good it hits,plus you can get some spin on the ball.
So i was wondering which one that you guys would prefer if you were to get those balls.

I dont use either of these balls but in my opinion would be to go for the Maxfli Noodle. Long and soft! You cant get much better than that!

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

• 2 months later...
i used the D2 feels and didnt really like them, just bought a sleeve of noodles and am going to try them out tomoro. the feels just didnt "feel" good to me

I use Maxfli Noodles and I think they're great. Not too expensive, good feel around the green. I'm not a "distance" guy, I would trade 50-75 yards for accuracy ANY DAY, so these balls that promise all this distance don't really do it for me.
I also use Callaway Big Bertha balls and they are pretty good as well, they feel soft to me anyway, and I can usually stop them somewhere on the green.

The fact that these balls are decent and relatively cheap, that's what I love.
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

I had a two-pack of the D2s and they were alright. I've been using the Long & Soft Noodles for the past month and they seem to be working out pretty well so I'll stick with them for a while.

D2 Feels are great, i lvoe them. putt well, long, straight, and check up well.

i have a few of the Distance ones now... they go long, but hard as a rock and dont check and bite at ALL. hit a 7i into a green from a tee and it hit and rolled off the green... uphill! rolled a good 15 yards. the Feels woudl have stopped in 2-3 yards. Ive never hit a maxfli i like tho.

You guys that have tried D2's really need to specify which model you use -- there are 3 of them and they are significantly different in feel and playing characterisitics.

These are my observations, but they run in line with what Top Flite says/claims about them:

The D2 Distance (Red Box) - a firmer (i.e. harder) core and cover, much like the "Rock Flite" of old with the "dimple in dimple" cover. These things aren't much better than the "Top Rocks" of past years, IMO. Not great around the greens, hard to spin because they are, well... hard.

The D2 Straight (Blue Box) - middle firmness core and cover. The cover is also the "dimple in dimple" cover but with a "special coating" that is slick and hard. The coating is meant to reduce spin -- all spin -- so that they go straight. Guess what? No side spin, no backspin, no stick on greens.

The D2 Feel (Green Box) - has the softest core of the "Feel" balls and a soft cover. This ball is meant to feel soft and spin. It does. It's also long off the tee for slower and medium speed swings. Nice feel putting and for a two piece ball spins very well. Also has the "dimple in dimple" cover.

None of these are ProV1 level balls, but then they are 1/4 the price too. I compared the D2 Feel balls against several "premium" balls (ProV1, Nike One and a few others) and while I couldn't spin them quite as much I was impressed that they were very close in feel and spin. I also hit them as far as anything I've tried off the tee. For reference, I am not a "big hitter", I hit the ball about 240 yds. off the tee and have a swing speed of around 100 mph. My swing would be classified as medium speed and smooth tempo, I think -- a "swinger" and not a "hitter".

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Well since your already paying almost $20 my suggestion would be to buy some Titleist DT Solos... great ball soft feel and good distance with great feel around the green for a good price $20 per dozen.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

i tried the DT So/Lo... i prefer the D2 Feel over that tho. for $15/15 balls they are a steal. for the under $20 category its the top of my list.. and I dont shred them up as fast as provs and one blaclks

I've never tried them, but they sound decent so if you like them then keep on using them!

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I've never tried them, but they sound decent so if you like them then keep on using them!

Those are the two balls I use the most.

I like the D2 for the price and the Noodles seem to really go well with my swing. They are both very easy to get up.

Note: This thread is 6160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!