Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DFerlmann

Cleveland cg16 tour irons

4 posts in this topic

Right now i am demoing the 7 iron to the Cleveland cg16 tour set, and i have to say i really like it. if anyone has the whole set or also has demoed it please let me know what you thought of it.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I just went through the process of buying irons . I really wanted the Clevelands but didnt like the feel and had poor swing results . I also tried ap2`s mp 53`s . my last choice going into this were Ping s-56`s because my golf partner has them . but after all the testing was done side by side the Ping`s won . ymmv Mark

I tried them briefly at the driving range.  They felt very harsh to me with the DG R300 I hit them with.

I got to hit a couple of the irons at a Golf Expo last January.

Although I'm not the best ballstriker in the world, I hit them pretty well. The CG16 Tours and the Callaway X20 Tours (which I had bought on CalPreO) both flew pretty well.

16 Tours more user-friendly than Ping i10 and i15, and the Titleist AP2 variants. Also, 16 Tours have slightly higher lofts than some comparable clubs, so you get the ball up a bit better, and you  won't need five wedges to cover distance gaps at the short end.

If you have a single-digit HDCP and like them, give CG16 Tours a shot - just make sure you get the shaft that's right for you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades