IGNORED

buying new wedges

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I were you I would definately not be looking at a 64° not many tour players carry that yet alone casual golfers (not saying it won't work for you just suggesting) it would be a tough club to hit and unless you have a super fine touch around the green with it your better off saving your money and sticking with the 56° and 60°.  As for the the model of wedge I've heard good things about Vokey wedges as well as cleveland wedges.  I'm sure there are many others, id say try a few out at a putting green or something chip with them see how they feel.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

A 52, 56, and 60 might be a good combo for you. That's what I have.

I agree the 64, well only Phil can hit that one! Still thinking about that flop shot he hit on 15th.

All mine are Titleist Vokey SM4s. They are simply awesome.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

A 52, 56, and 60 might be a good combo for you. That's what I have.

I agree the 64, well only Phil can hit that one! Still thinking about that flop shot he hit on 15th.

All mine are Titleist Vokey SM4s. They are simply awesome.

I disagree. While I pretty much only use my 64 for around the green I find it to be a great club to have. Instead of having to open the face on a 60 and hit a risky flop shot I can open the face a little (do it for all pitch shots) and hit and normal pitch shot and because of the added loft take a bigger swing to make the ball land softer.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

I have the Cleveland CG16 and they are amazing. They give you nice touch and spin around the greens and are great on full wedge shots. Vokey wedges are nice but might chew up the cover on your ball quicker than the Cleveland wedges.

Driver: Ping G20 10.5*

Hybrid: Ping G20 20*

Irons: Ping G15 4-AW

Wedges: CG 14 56*, CG 16 52*

Putter: Odyssey Rossie

Ball: Undecided

I agree with xmanhockey7. I bought a 64 off ebay last year, and it has been an awesome club around the green. When I put it into the bag I was unsure how long it was last because of all of the warnings I'd read against ultra-high lofted wedges, but if I've used the club 30 times since I purchased it, it's worked out great for at least 25/30 of those shots.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to carry a 68 degree and it was a tough club to hit solidly because of how extreme the loft was.  If you really need that much loft, just open up the face on your 58 or 60 degree wedge.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I used to carry a 68 degree and it was a tough club to hit solidly because of how extreme the loft was.  If you really need that much loft, just open up the face on your 58 or 60 degree wedge.

I don't even know where to begin to think about a club like that, could you use it on full shots? what would it go 50 yards?

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

I don't even think it would go that far for me. It would probably be like my flop shot that travels 20 yards and is sky high.

Driver: Ping G20 10.5*

Hybrid: Ping G20 20*

Irons: Ping G15 4-AW

Wedges: CG 14 56*, CG 16 52*

Putter: Odyssey Rossie

Ball: Undecided

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!