IGNORED

Depressed

jshots
Note: This thread is 4243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm back to school and don't have the money to play as much as I'd like (or at all really) and all I want to do is play and it totally sucks....

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know exactly how you feel, I haven't picked up a club or golfed in over a week because of finances and I feel like I'm going bat $hit crazy!  I too need my fix, like pronto. Maybe you could make a post on C.L that you will trade labor for free tee times with someone who works on a course.

Originally Posted by jshots

I'm back to school and don't have the money to play as much as I'd like (or at all really) and all I want to do is play and it totally sucks....

go to a local park and chip a couple of balls from 60 -80 yrds out that should help. i usually set up an umbrella in the yard at our house ( i have a couple of acres) and chunk 60 or so balls, tends to relax me a little. did this last night it was  nice

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by jcbenefiel

Tell me about it ive been deployed for 8 months. Driving range is my first stop home hahaha

Ha I suppose I shouldn't be complaining then.

:whistle:

Don't ever get old, kid.  I'm in ALMOST too much pain today to even go to the range, much less play a serious round.  Sometimes life just kicks you in the balls and says "Deal with it!".

No cheap 9 hole twilight? I just saw a internet special round for 19 bux at 11:00 on Friday. Includes cart. 18 individual hole course even .

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Just wait until youre out in the real world and have to to work every day and STILL dont have the money to play golf as much as youd like.  Then, wait until you have a wife and kids and dont have the time for golf because your wife wants you to spend time with her and your kids want you to spend time with them.  Then, when you actually do find the time you go play golf, your wife gives you a dirty look and tells you that you waste too much money on golf.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Just wait until youre out in the real world and have to to work every day and STILL dont have the money to play golf as much as youd like.  Then, wait until you have a wife and kids and dont have the time for golf because your wife wants you to spend time with her and your kids want you to spend time with them.  Then, when you actually do find the time you go play golf, your wife gives you a dirty look and tells you that you waste too much money on golf.

Eh its not THAT bad. My wife sometimes gets upset when I try to get an extra round in and she wants to spend time with me. I understand that, since the weekends are the only real time we get. So, I invite her along since I usually play alone. She tends the pin, keeps score, and otherwise keeps me entertained. When I have kids all that it will mean is that I'll have to "edit" the times in which I play golf. My father played plenty of golf when I was little. When I was old enough, I began to play golf with him after taking lessons. He eventually gave up playing with his friends and played golf with my brother and I. Always good times.

Not seeing the negativity there. :)

@jshots - My advice to you? Do well in school and get yourself a good job. (I know, good is relative..) Then you'll get plenty of golf in. :) If you get married and the wife has a good job, there should be NO problems affording the golf that you enjoy playing so much. For now, do what some of the others have suggested. Find a place to just hit some balls, find some ways to raise money and maybe hit a course occasionally. Keep your mind occupied... hehehe

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Quote:

I had a wife like that. Didn't matter what I did if I looked like I was happy and it wasn't her idea, she was agin' it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I had a wife like that. Didn't matter what I did if I looked like I was happy and it wasn't her idea, she was agin' it.

Yep. My first wife HATED that I played golf and gave a rash of shite all the time about it, no fun at all. My wife now has no problem at all with me playing and life is much better. :)

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I guess I'm happy that my first wife doesn't mind.... hehehehe

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Originally Posted by jcbenefiel

Tell me about it ive been deployed for 8 months. Driving range is my first stop home hahaha

lol.  I love golf very much as much as the next guy.  But when I got back from my deployment the driving range was definately not my FIRST stop.   Maybe my second..  :)

Jeff

Note: This thread is 4243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!