IGNORED

Stewart Cink leaves Nike

RonTheSavage
Note: This thread is 4130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And fresh out Bubba moves from TM to Oakley. Not that I care but I will say I don't really like the look of Oakley's golf duds.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

Haven't been a fan of Cink since he gave himself a perfect lie in a "waste area" at Harbor Town. No loss to Nike.

Why get mad at him over that? He did nothing wrong. If you don't like it get mad at the rule, not Cink.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a hunch the Cink move to Taylormade wasn't on Cink's terms.

Cink recently spoke highly of Nike on the PGA Tour network one day when I was listening in the summer and yes, while you have to speak highly of the sponsor you represent, Cink's comments on his relationship with Nike was more along the lines of family vs. just a "sponsor."

This is a money making business and companies like Nike govern themselves solely on ROI.  Cink's current game doesn't offer much of a ROI.

Ask Anthony Kim's about his Nike contract.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!