IGNORED

Left knee position

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been hitting alot of shots fat recently.  Ball striking with irons has been poor.  I videoed my swing and noticed my left knee on backswing moves out and does not turn behind the ball at all.  Is this causing ball striking issues? Do I need to get it turned behind ball?

Originally Posted by calcnation

I have been hitting alot of shots fat recently.  Ball striking with irons has been poor.  I videoed my swing and noticed my left knee on backswing moves out and does not turn behind the ball at all.  Is this causing ball striking issues? Do I need to get it turned behind ball?

Lead knee should flex towards the toes to help keep you centered.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Lead knee should flex towards the toes to help keep you centered.

huh? I am right handed.  So at the top of the swing should my left knee be turned towards my right knee or flexed straight out towards my toes?

I would read this thread about the right knee, which will teach you quite a bit about your left knee as well. I think of it as my lead (left) knee flexing towards my toes (I guess it depends on how much you flare that front foot) but in reality it may actually be flexing more towards the target line but NOT back towards the ball or right knee.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee

read the thread, it is probably more eloquent then my reply.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

here is my swing if you have any thoughts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XH-fLbjWCQ

I'm nowhere near qualified to critique your swing, just pointing you towards some good information. Start a 'my swing' thread and if your lucky one of the resident swing gurus will give you some tips.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I'd say the goal would be to have a centered pivot as this will cause you to have a steady head.  The left knee will flex in toward the golf ball at the top of the backswing (A4).  The right leg will straighten (A4).

See the following swing model, Dave Wedzik.

huh? I am right handed.  So at the top of the swing should my left knee be turned towards my right knee or flexed straight out towards my toes?

this.

pushing your hips forward on the downswing will get the left knee over the left foot.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

this.

pushing your hips forward on the downswing will get the left knee over the left foot.

Hey, waddya know, I'm smarter than I look!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Isn't that what your mother always said? ;-)

Hey man, no mothers! That's the rule, no mothers man.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Ha! How about wives? by the way you should hear me and my friend go back and forth about each other's mothers, we've never met the ladies but we talk like we have...

Colin P.

Ha! How about wives? by the way you should hear me and my friend go back and forth about each other's mothers, we've never met the ladies but we talk like we have...

Yeah, I'm good with your wife ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!