IGNORED

Spring Trip '08

Note: This thread is 6035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Myrtle Beach or Gulfport

• Myrtle Beach, SC
    • Gulfport, MS

Last year we did Myrtle at the beginning of March. Got to play MBN West, South and North + Willbrook and Riverclub.

It's a 16 hour drive.

This year we're contemplating Gulfport, MS. It's a 10 hour drive.

The question is should we go back to Myrtle or take the shorter drive and do Gulfport?
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

one vote for Myrtle! whoo hoo!

In my bag todayâ¦.

Chi Chi,

I just voted for Myrtle Beach, but I have a pretty slanted view. I live here and own a independant golf package company that sets up great MB golf packages. I'm not sure what's allowed on here and don't want to be thought of as a spammer, but I love setting these things up.

I met my wife on my MB golf trip of 1992 ( I'm from Canada) so if MB is your final choice-----BE CAREFUL!!!

Maudite

Like MauditeGolf, I am also from Canada and Myrtle has the combo of night life and golf we desire. We go there twice a year - May and November. I like it there so much I bought property in Sunset Beach NC. (15 mins into North Carolina- Has me close enough to the circus of Myrtle, but just far enough to have some peace and quiet).
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Try somthin different, go for Gulfport
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Option 3... Panama City. Never been down there myself, but it's in the pipe line for next spring break, anyway.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Living in SC I have been to myrtle a few times. I much prefer hilton head island area.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Living in SC I have been to myrtle a few times. I much prefer hilton head island area.

I went to Hilton Head Island earlier this year, I'm not too sure about the golf, but the beaches just aren't that good. Maybe the side I was on or something.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I went to Hilton Head Island earlier this year, I'm not too sure about the golf, but the beaches just aren't that good. Maybe the side I was on or something.

Are you crazy? The beaches in Myrtle are flooded with people in the summer, myrtle has become way too tacky. Hilton head is refined and layed back. You can find a spot on the beach there and not have anyone within 300 yards of you. GREAT golf in a 20 mile radius, not to mention great dining. Also in hilton head you wont be flooded with 16 year olds, this may or may not be an advantage depending on who you talk to.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Own land in Conway and Loris so I am a Myrtle Guy.Will agree that in summer it gets a little wackey but the golf sure makes up for it.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 3 weeks later...
I won't muddy the waters with facts, but i will tell you that MB CATERS to golfers. CATERS. They get jealous if people go other places for golf. I like that aspect.

Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail might be an alternative.

As a golfer, Gulfport has not caught my attention, so let me just arrogantly state: they didn't do their job so I can't vouch for it as a golf destination.

If there is great golf in Gulfport, others will have to attest. And as someone who is a student/sucker for good marketing or ad campaigns, they have to be falling down on the job if they haven't gotten my attention. Thank you for letting me be unfair.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

Quote:

I won't muddy the waters with facts, but i will tell you that MB CATERS to golfers. CATERS.

Unquote...

Thanks. It is the Golf Capital of the World, without question.

It's not only that MB caters to golfers -- it's just that everyone in town or from out of town golfs. GOLFS.

And that dude you think is dressed like a biker bum and doesn't golf? He GOLFS. GOLFS.

• 1 month later...
Myrtle it is. End of March. Here's the courses we're playing:

River Hills 8:28
Carolina National 9:10
Sandpiper Bay 8:04 (27 holes)
Meadowlands 8:24 Famstead 1:24

In my bag todayâ¦.

Myrtle it is. End of March. Here's the courses we're playing:

Hey, cool, I just checked out Farmstead and I'm looking forward to the par 6, 18th hole!

In my bag todayâ¦.

I do not want to hijack your thread but I am planning a trip in Feb '08 to MB and have never been. Can someone provide a good website for course reviews or a general guide to the courses... seems most google search results return bloated nonsense.

Driver: MX-500 10.5° Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 Regular
Wood: F-60 15° Exsar FS3 Regular
Hybrid: CLK Fli-Hi 20° S300
Irons: MX-15 R300
Wedges: MP-R Chrome 52°-07°, 56°-13°Putter: White Hot XG #9Ball: HX-TourShoes: Chev X-Series

I do not want to hijack your thread but I am planning a trip in Feb '08 to MB and have never been. Can someone provide a good website for course reviews or a general guide to the courses... seems most google search results return bloated nonsense.

This one seems to have them alll:

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com Last year we played all MBN courses: http://www.mbn.com/?source=google&gc...FQltZQodEj5GfA;

In my bag todayâ¦.

Note: This thread is 6035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!