IGNORED

New member in TX

tspring182
Note: This thread is 4022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello. Been lurking the site so I figured I would introduce myself. I'm 25, in the air force and am stationed in Abilene,TX at dyess afb. Been playing golf for 3 years now and am around a 20 HC. I'll list my golf set at the bottom. Look forward to conversing with u guys and gals. Thanks. TM burner 2.0 driver 10.5 TM burner 3w Nike machspeed hybrid Ping G5 irons 6-9,w,u,s (just switched from Callaway x24 hots, couldn't hit them at all. Pings have been night and day difference) TM 60 degree wedge. Odyssey Metal-x #1 putter.

Welcome!

Thanks for your service.

Lots of great threads here regarding instruction to lower that hc.

Try the 5 Simple Keys Video thread, Quickie Pitching Thread, etc.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome! Thanks for your service. Lots of great threads here regarding instruction to lower that hc. Try the 5 Simple Keys Video thread, Quickie Pitching Thread, etc. Good luck.

thanks and yeah I'm not sure how accurate my handicap is but I usually shoot anywhere from 92-102 on my hone course. Chipping from inside 20 yards is a killer to my game. I'm pretty solid with my irons and drives are ok. Putting has gotten alot better since the switch to the metal-x a few month ago.

Originally Posted by tspring182

Chipping from inside 20 yards is a killer to my game.

Former chipping yipper here. This video from Padraig has really help me fix my woes - in chipping and pitching.......I think we have a problem w/ weight transferance (should be minimal - weight should be on the left side) and we have a problem w/ a moving sternum which changes our arc/contact point.

Welcome enjoy the site!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!