IGNORED

Addressing the ball with the driver? (Pictures included)

Note: This thread is 4009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I went to the range today and I was hitting my clubs pretty well, but then I took my driver out and although I was making good contact, I had a vicious slice and I was questioning myself as to whether I was addressing the ball correctly.

I have two pictures attached of the two set-ups that I was using, with a close up of the driver head for each. The first picture is a more comfortable natural stance similar to how I set up with my other clubs, but when I set up this way due to the length of the driver the toe of the club seems to be pivoted into the air.

In the second picture, I'm pretty much standing up straight but the club is flush on the ground so that the heel and toe are on the same level as each other. This doesn't feel natural to me, but I feel like the club itself is in better alignment.

Are either of these the correct way to address the ball?

Picture 1: http://imgur.com/uvXlUAX

Close up (1): http://imgur.com/ux4Oabz

Picture 2: http://imgur.com/lsvkH4U

Close up (2): http://imgur.com/Sioh4kR

Sorry for the side ways close ups, not sure why they came out like that.

Thank you!

Too much can go on to say than those pics can show. It looks like your hands are slight too close and possibly the ball is too far back in your stance but it is not conclusive with the pics you have. Need ones further back and one facing you showing full body.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I try to play the ball off of my left heel, I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

How far away should be hands be from my body roughly? Is there a general rule?

I guess my main question is should the head of the driver be flush on the ground at address, because if so it means that my stance would be very straight up and my arms would be much further from my body as opposed to the natural straight down position

Opinion wise, I stand a little more upright with the arms 4-6 inches out from perpendicular to the ground. There are different opinions but you might just go with what is comfortable. The head placement on a driver is not big deal, mostly because the area the ball strikes on a driver does not have grooves. Ball placement sounds right though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

It would also help if you moved the camera back a bit so we could see your whole stance.  Have the camera placed so it lines up directly with your feet (straight line back from the front of the feet.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 4009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!