• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MEfree

John Deere/Quad Cities

11 posts in this topic

Not one of the bigger tournaments on the PGA Tour unless you are a Steve Stricker/Zach Johnson/Jerry Kelly fan.  Stricker has dominated here having his 3 year win streak snapped by Zack Johnson last year.

Chez Reavie had quite the ball striking round today shooting 61 (-8) while hitting 17 greens and gaining less than 2 stroke putting on the field.  Normally rounds that low require a super hot putter, but Reavie's was only warm meaning he hit it close a lot.

Sricker opened with 67 and is -3 through 7 today putting him 5 behind Patrick Reed who opened 67-63.  Jerry Kelly is 2 back after firing a 64 today and overnight co-leader Zack Johnson is -1 through 7, putting him 4 back.

Shaping up to be a very good mid-west shoot out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

I'll take the under- in at 142, I don't think Louis will be making the weekend.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of times an announcer mentions that Louis Oosthuizen is a farmer and that he won a tractor? Or bought a tractor? Anyway, he toured the plant and got a tractor somehow.

Speaking of Oosthuizen, did you hear Feherty's ironic quote yesterday of the common Afrikaans phrase "'n Boer maak 'n plan"? ("A Boer makes a plan")   Oosthuizen was making a triple-bogey at the time.

Do European golf announcers often know some Afrikaans?  I remember Nick Faldo last year translating as Oosthuizen talked to his caddie in Afrikaans.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by BruceMGF

Speaking of Oosthuizen, did you hear Feherty's ironic quote yesterday of the common Afrikaans phrase "'n Boer maak 'n plan"? ("A Boer makes a plan")   Oosthuizen was making a triple-bogey at the time.

Do European golf announcers often know some Afrikaans?  I remember Nick Faldo last year translating as Oosthuizen talked to his caddie in Afrikaans.

If I had to guess on that, I'd remark that European players of a certain age would spend their winters playing in South Africa, so it wouldn't surprise me that Nick and David picked up more than a few Afrikaans phrases along the way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cut line came at -4 with those players t51 and only 8 shots back- more than a handful of guys were under par both days and are packing their bags.

Seems like it might be one of Lucas Glover's good weeks- he has missed 9 cuts this year and only has 2 top 25 finishes- both were t4s, something he is in position to do again as he is tied at the top with Reed and Zach Johnson

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, someone needs to bump this thread up. Anyone else watching this playoff that no one seems to want to win?

Playoff hole no.5 now coming up... Hope the kid wins.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Yes. Great finish.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I've got it recorded at home and now that I know the ending I will have to watch it. I guess all the speculation about the PGA Tour needing to somehow bump up Spieth's status is moot. He's won, he's in everything that a winner gets into (British, Masters), he's got his card for next year. Youngest winner in 82 years. Doesn't look like a skinny 19 year old, that's for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

I've got it recorded at home and now that I know the ending I will have to watch it. I guess all the speculation about the PGA Tour needing to somehow bump up Spieth's status is moot. He's won, he's in everything that a winner gets into (British, Masters), he's got his card for next year. Youngest winner in 82 years. Doesn't look like a skinny 19 year old, that's for sure.

Do you??  I mean, it ended 90-120 minutes after it was scheduled to end, I believe.  I hope you planned on that!

I always add a few minutes, maybe even 30 to the end of my dvr's of live sports, but not more than that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I have made a habit of adding an hour onto sporting events that can go over a lot. Learned that with World Cup events going into extra time and then 2 rounds of PK's. You are right though, I don't have it all if it went over 90 minutes. Oh well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0