IGNORED

Ogio vs Sun Mountain

Note: This thread is 3642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Loll...yeah it takes an entire 3 seconds to wipe your blade slide the neoprene cover back onto the iron head and place your stick back into the bag....chatter really dings up expensive, soft 8620 steel or 431 steel that goes into high end irons. Since you don't see them at any tracks you play then you must be playing putt putt golf....I see them on almost everyones set these days. What are you blind Steve Guthrie??

Clubs are tools, typically not collector items.

I don't know who makes it, but I can assure you the Titleist Lightweight cart bag is the worst bag I've ever purchased. Put up with it for less than a year before making a change...cheap, cheap, cheap.

Sun Mountain makes it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know who makes it, but I can assure you the Titleist Lightweight cart bag is the worst bag I've ever purchased. Put up with it for less than a year before making a change...cheap, cheap, cheap.

Would you mind elaborating on that... what was cheap about it and what specifically were your problems with it. The only reason I ask is that I've owned a number of Sun Mountain bags (they make the Titleist bags) and I haven't had any issues. Possibly you got a defective one?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Would you mind elaborating on that... what was cheap about it and what specifically were your problems with it. The only reason I ask is that I've owned a number of Sun Mountain bags (they make the Titleist bags) and I haven't had any issues. Possibly you got a defective one?

Poor structural integrity. The bag was so flimsy that it wouldn't even stand up on it's own on level ground causing it to fall over. Also, the inside edge of the sleeve (rubber grommet if you will) in the putter well started to warp inward causing it to catch my putter grip every time I went to pull it out which is very frustrating. Anything you packed in the bag like pull overs or extra balls etc., got pushed inward causing the grips to tangle making them difficult to remove. Overall, I believe they sacrificed quality to save weight.

Poor structural integrity. The bag was so flimsy that it wouldn't even stand up on it's own on level ground causing it to fall over. Also, the inside edge of the sleeve (rubber grommet if you will) in the putter well started to warp inward causing it to catch my putter grip every time I went to pull it out which is very frustrating. Anything you packed in the bag like pull overs or extra balls etc., got pushed inward causing the grips to tangle making them difficult to remove. Overall, I believe they sacrificed quality to save weight.

Any cart bag if not packed properly can fall over, I've had Ogio and Nike bags fall over due to too much weight in the front of the bag.  Based on your post and the amount of gear it appears you tried to put in it, a lightweight bag might not have been the ideal choice for you.

Joe Paradiso

Any cart bag if not packed properly can fall over, I've had Ogio and Nike bags fall over due to too much weight in the front of the bag.  Based on your post and the amount of gear it appears you tried to put in it, a lightweight bag might not have been the ideal choice for you.

Trust me, had nothing to do with over packing it. It's extremely lightweight and flimsy,No issues with with zippers failing or material (other than the putter tube) tearing. Just my personal experience, take it for what it's worth.

I have a Ogio Exodus cart bag that I bought a few years ago and it is great, everything still works fine (gotta love that ball pocket). My biggest complaint is the compartments, they look big but they really are tight. Not a big issue unless you have to start shoving your rain gear in there. Last year I moved to a Bennington QO-12. This thing is heavy and tall but it is no problem on my Clicgear 3. I refer to this bag as the "steamer trunk" of golf bags. This thing will hold everything and is easy to use. It also keeps the clubs separated so you don't get any chatter.

I hurt my back a few months ago and found that I moved back to the Ogio as it was a lot lighter to push. Both bags are keepers!

I also have a 15 year old Izzo carry bag that I still use every week to go to the range (I use to carry all the time). The zipper came apart several years ago but an easy fix. The legs still work fine but I did redesign the foot so it was easier to use.

• 2 months later...
I bought an Ogio wedgē cart bag in 08....it's now starting to fall apart but overall it was a great bag for 60+ rounds per year....i bought another Ogio in 2011 when I thought I'd be needing one and it is not the same quality as the Wedgē....more expensive but too light of a material....looking into getting a Sun mountain tour series bag but not sure....they look top end....sad about Ogio....totally was into em until I spent 280$ on a bag that just didn't do much for me. It's as if they got lazy

Could it be that you just unfotunately have one made from a bad batch? I have my Titleist Lightweight cart bag for 2 years now and have no problems with it, except for that yes, it tips over frequently. Oh, and the putter tube could be a little shorter, Other than that, the material is good, and it is holding up.

It could be I guess, thing I don't get is why make a lightweight bag for 280$? Don't get me wrong OGIO is a good company and very innovative but it's just the way of the new world I guess....make things cheaper....charge more $$. The Tour series bag from sun mountain does something for me in the looks department and from everything I've read it seems to be durable...probably gonna go with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if your bag from '08 was better built than a more current one.  The push for most of the bag manufacturers is lighter weight, more gimmicks / pockets and fancy colors and patterns.  I've used an Ogio Chamber as my club bag and an Ogio Recoil as my 2nd bag and both have held up well but I don't have an old bag to compare them to.

Joe Paradiso

I agree 100%. That SM Tour series is NICE! I always liked staff bags. Yet they are heavy, huge, only have 7, 9 way tops, unnecessary and big $$$$. Except this. AND 15 way top. Don't get why 15? Nice color options too. I just might splurge on one too. First comes a new driver/3 wood combo first. Actually, Titleist has a new lightweight staff cart bag now. Excellent lookin.. Yet only 7way. And their new lightweight cart bag just doesn't look right.

Yes, lightweight is def the direction they went. As far as a 15 way top....the extra chamber is probably for an umbrella/ball retriever. I believe the SM tour series has a seperate compartment for the putter as well....kind of a nice feature. Both companies are good at what they do. When I bought that Wedgē OGIO bag though.....I felt like it was made for me, I felt like a pro. I will try the tour series here in a few months. Just spent my last bit of extra funds on a nike method mod 90 putter....gorgeous!! But that's a whole new subject. I will keep you posted when I get the SM tour series!! Thanks guys!

Just a quick update...I ordered the bag and they are on back order till 4-26-14....a few weeks away and I will let you know. Thank you!

Cool! One thing I am curious about is the weight. The Titleist bag is 6.6lbs, where this is 8.3lbs. Will you feel the difference? I don't carry, it will be on my Clicgrear push cart when I get one, currently on my Bagboy cart, or riding on hot days or outings. I can't find a store selling the SM bag. I want to see it in real life. I am torn between the white/black and shadow/black/blue. What colors did you order?

I AM now thinking more and more on getting it. I have no problems on the course with my bag, yet more and more it is pissing me off, it falling over every time I am oragnizing the pockets, standing(not) it outside my car, etc Yesterday I am washing my clubs. After returning only a handfull of clubs back into the bag, "plunk", it's on the floor again. PIA!!!!!! :mad:

Bags, seem to lose their balance rather quickly but I think that's part of loading them up awkwardly...I ordered the red/black/white....I was torn between that and the shadow black/blue...the deciding factor was the red/black/white matches a lot of my clothes, my nike balls and putter. I actually prefer the bag to be heavier so I'm hoping it is, I really never walk anyways and I like the heavy duty stuff. The bag has a pretty classy look from what I see in pics, plenty of pockets too.

Note: This thread is 3642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!