• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kealey

Stroke Index

5 posts in this topic

I have joined a course which has 27 holes. How do I calculate the stroke index's if playing 1 to 18?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have joined a course which has 27 holes. How do I calculate the stroke index's if playing 1 to 18?

The course should be able to tell you the course rating and slope for each combination. Or, you can go to the USGA's course rating database to get the information you need. http://ncrdb.usga.org/NCRDB/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think he's asking about the ranking of the holes for each combination of the three 9-hole courses (or actually 6 combinations, depending on the order played).

My understanding is that the handicap order for the front 9 holes are the odd numbers and the back 9 are the even numbers.  So if the card for your front 9 lists handicap 1-9 for those holes, they become 1,3,5, etc. The back 9 become 2,4,6, etc.

Or so I've heard.  But I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, so ...

I think he's asking about the ranking of the holes for each combination of the three 9-hole courses (or actually 6 combinations, depending on the order played). My understanding is that the handicap order for the front 9 holes are the odd numbers and the back 9 are the even numbers.  So if the card for your front 9 lists handicap 1-9 for those holes, they become 1,3,5, etc. The back 9 become 2,4,6, etc. Or so I've heard.  But I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, so ...

If that was the question, you're right.... From the USGA handicap manual 17-4. 27-Hole Courses Strokes should be allocated to each nine holes separately -- 1 through 9. When two nines are combined for a handicap competition, the odd stroke-hole allocations should fall on the nine holes considered the first nine, and the even stroke-hole allocations should fall on the second nine. The example below shows the stroke-hole allocation for two nines combined for a competition. In mixed competition, the separate 9-hole stroke allocations for men and women should be converted to separate 18-hole stroke allocations. (Exception, Section 9-3a.)

Note that the USGA handicap system ranks courses on 9 holes segments. Meaning, when you input your scores to get the handicap, it is done by 9 holes, not 18. From there the equations do the work. So just go to the USGA website and type in your course, it should have each 3 nine hole courses ranked.