Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mazza78

Putter head style??

4 posts in this topic

Hi I'm after some advice on whether to change putter type. I'm currently using odyssey metal x 7 centre shafted putter. I'm struggling with pushing putts consistently right of the cup. After reading several sites some people suggested a plumbers neck putter? What's everyone's opinion?? What type of head would help correct or improve it?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Putters, more than any other club, are individualistic.... Pick the one that YOU like. Better yet, get fit for the putter that best fits you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Putters, more than any other club, are individualistic....

Pick the one that YOU like. Better yet, get fit for the putter that best fits you.

I'll second that. I don't believe anyone can say for sure which putter would suit you best.

Unless you get fitted by Edel, then they can help you weed through all the different general styles. :-D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • do we really need fancy putters
      I guess this is where the old saying "never sell or give away a putter" comes from. If what you're using goes sour, you'll have something in your closet that will work!
    • What do you HATE the most about golf?
      Of course we don't hate golf overall, only on certain days. When you have a bad day, what do you hate most about golf? For me it's probably when starting the round off well, thinking "this is going to be a great round", only to hit a few shanks in a row and ruin everything. You get your hopes up, and then your hopes get crushed. So I guess how hard it is to get consistency in my shots. That's really what I hate about golf.
    • The Biggest Secret? SLIDE Your Hips
      I see this is an "oldie but goodie", and I certainly didn't want to wade through 46 pages of content. But just from reading the title of the thread, and this last page, I second that emotion. You have to slide your hips before you turn them! But, how much? I used to do a drill I called the "door jamb" drill. You would set up in an empty door jamb with the outside of your left foot, for a right hander, up against the jamb. You would mimic a swing, and, on the down swing, let your hips "slide" until your left hip hit the jamb. Only then would you start to turn your hips. This puts your left hip directly above your left foot. Thinking back, I used to play a lot of golf with a friend who moved West many years ago. Big guy, 6'4" and 220, but basically an arms and upper body swinger. He could still hit the ball long, but once in a while, by accident, he'd get his lower body involved and then he would crush it like Daly! Every time he did that I'd tease him by saying, "Yeah! You really got your big, fat, left ass cheek into that one, dintcha?!"
    • Reading Greens
      Speaking of stopping half way, I got some of my best reads today by walking halfway between the ball and hole and just taking a look. I was playing in an informal 2 man scramble with some buds for the grand prize of beers and dogs! On the very first hole, an easy par 5, we're putting for eagle. I putt first, and 3 feet from the hole we think the ball is in. A foot from the hole it breaks right and I graze the edge. I mark, and stand aside while my buddy putts. I'm about halfway and from there I can clearly see the subtle little mound in the green that the cup was cut in. You could not see it from behind the ball. Believe me, we checked! I've long been a proponent of letting my feet inform my brain, but if your eyes can't see everything then your feet can't feel everything. They have to work together to get the best read.
    • A Forum Just for Golfing?
      I'm not sure how this applies to my response?  I said if there were something free I'd use it vs build it and, if I wanted to build something just for the heck of it, I would expect that to be free or almost free as well.  This is true, is it not?  I don't consult on how to build internet forums . . . why would I know anything about what free forum software comes with hosting servers?  I assume there is some.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Adunifon
      Adunifon
      (35 years old)
  • Blog Entries