IGNORED

What is your favorite kind of course?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite kind of course?

• Barren and desert-like.
    • Links (very little tree if any).
    • Oceanside.
    • Forest.

Guest ShadowXOR

Mine would definitely the forest kind...I love trees (not to mention they save people from being hit by my wicked slice). They are just so beautiful...and I love courses with water hazards, they are painful but also gorgeous. I realize you perhaps may like a combination of these (such as oceanside links) but give it your best shot. Thanks.

EDIT 1: We should all post pictures of our ideal courses as well to make this thread even more interesting!

EDIT 2: I forgot to add an "Other." option if it was none of the above...oh well, I think I covered the spread pretty well. I also meant to put "trees" instead of "tree" on the Links option.

forest....carolina fir trees....

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I'll have to agree with Shadow......I like the trees. They eat a lot of my slices, never to be seen again. But I still like 'em.

Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I'd play in a desert if I could. I hate trees. They take my ball and either eat it, or kick it back at me. There's not much more frustrating to me than wasting three or four shots trying to get out of the trees. I can painfully remember dozens of times I could post a good score but watch in pain as I'm done in by the prince of the forest on the last hole.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Guest ShadowXOR
I'd play in a desert if I could. I hate trees. They take my ball and either eat it, or kick it back at me. There's not much more frustrating to me than wasting three or four shots trying to get out of the trees. I can painfully remember dozens of times I could post a good score but watch in pain as I'm done in by the prince of the forest on the last hole.

EDIT: We should all post pictures of our ideal courses as well to make this thread even more interesting!

But they're so beautiful! One of the best parts of golf in my eyes is the beauty of the courses, as well as the variety and unpredictability. This is a virtually perfect looking golf course to me just so you guys get a feel for my style, I'm sure I could find something more appealing but I just gave it a quick search:

This is #14 at Spanish Bay.

I love links style courses. They just seem a little more traditional, and have a bit more character.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

Guest ShadowXOR
This is #14 at Spanish Bay.

There is no doubt that they are more "traditional" because to the best of my knowledge golf began on links courses. I don't know about having more character though...I kind of felt they lacked it because they look a little plain to me. But we all have our own opinions.

EDIT: We should all post pictures of our ideal holes as well to make this thread even more interesting!

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Guest ShadowXOR

Is that real? Is it from the Middle East? And would you actually enjoy that? Looks pretty hot and unappealing to me!

Is that real? Is it from the Middle East? And would you actually enjoy that? Looks pretty hot and unappealing to me!

Cooper Pedy, Australia. I don't think I could deal with the heat (it tops 140 there), but that's the kind of course I need to play on if I want to go low and enjoy my round.

I enjoy links style courses...although I don't like the green fee's they charge. Seems like any course that utilizes the word "links" automatically charges $20 more than a regular course.

But I really like the heavily forested courses, they are so cool to look at walk on. Plus I don't know about anyone else but I get some sort of weird perverse pleasure out of having the forest eat my ball & then I have to try some crazy shot thru 2 trees, over a branch, just past the hill, etc.

There are times I will be on a certain course all by myself & I will try the same shot 4-5 times until I make it...ala TinCup.

I'll have to vote for the desert, but I prefer to call it target golf

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Forest courses for me. I won't deny that this could be something to do with the the fact that I hit the ball high and don't handle wind well and need the tree protection!!

Bonville is the best looking course I have ever played. If you are ever in Coffs Harbour Australia it is well worth the visit

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

That is actually a picture of East Lake GC, right before the TOUR championship. I hear the weather in Atlanta has just been unbearable lately...

"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

Any course next to the sea, I love. The scenary you get is fantastic, it may cost a bit, but it's definately worth it.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

My home course is has a woodlands feel on the front, and links on the back, but it's set in the mountains.

I like Mountain courses too, with lots of elevation change.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Parkland/forest for me. I think links courses look a little boring.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

That is actually a picture of East Lake GC, right before the TOUR championship. I hear the weather in Atlanta has just been unbearable lately...

LOL. Actually I think it's the opposite. The fairways are fine, but the greens are a bit dry.

I like golf courses. I play mostly parkland/forest in Michigan, but I can appreciate a good links course and the views of an ocean view are awesome. I would be happy playing in the desert as well. Give me all 4.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!