IGNORED

Hello from North Carolina

NCHank
Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been away from golf about 15 years, but at the tender age of 71 I decided I wanted to play again.  My lowest handicap when I played regularly was a 5.  So, taking my best back then and adding 15 which is the number of years I've not been playing, I'm hoping to have a 20 handicap in a few months.

I'm very impressed with the information I've read here and look forward to getting up to speed on the current equipment and improving my game by learning from you folks.

I have a few questions, but want to make certain I post them in the correct area.  I've been looking over the site this afternoon just trying to see how things are organized.

A big question is going to be:  is it worth the money to buy new clubs?  I have Cleveland TA5 irons and a Callaway X 460 driver.  I've been hitting balls at the range for about 3 weeks now and have 3 nine hole sessions under my belt.  I feel that I need several more range trips to make certain my swing has stabilized before I begin trying the new clubs.  A local golf mart has Callaway, Titleist, Mizuno, and Ping demo's and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new irons and shafts feel compared to my old TA5's.  Hope this approach makes sense.

Hank

It makes PERFECT sense and its what i would recommend. Also dont forget about some of the value brands if u buy new clubs. My favorite set was and is a set of 200 dollar wilson reflex irons sold exclusively at dicks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And as we age sometimes a more flexible shaft can make a huge difference. If you do go that route, plenty of options and all these guys on the sand trap can be really helpful.

Welcome to the forum @NCHank Thanks for joining. If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section, and Little Things New Users can learn. Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap "What do you Do for a Living?" thread. "What'd You Shoot Today?" Reviews "New Posts" page, too. Swing Thoughts So You Joined TST and Posted a Member Swing Thread… Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article. Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!