IGNORED

Black Friday Deals Thread 2015

Note: This thread is 3044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And so it begins, sneak peeks of Black Friday Deals.

If you hear of one, post it here.

I have one for you .. Callaway Preowned  Buy One Get One Free - Fairways and Hybrids

Promo Code:  BOGOSNEAK

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

And so it begins, sneak peeks of Black Friday Deals.

If you hear of one, post it here.

I have one for you .. Callaway Preowned  Buy One Get One Free - Fairways and Hybrids

Promo Code:  BOGOSNEAK

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com

I saw it a few minutes ago. Last year they had a deal of buy a driver get another driver, wood or hybrid free the Monday before Black Friday before switching to "Buy one driver, get a fairway or hybrid free" the next day. That's the deal in waiting for. I don't need a fairway. I want me an 815 driver and XR 3h. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Well, just remember, I have a Diamana S+ 60 S Flex from an 815 in my closet...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

7 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Well, just remember, I have a Diamana S+ 60 S Flex from an 815 in my closet...

I don't know a thing about shafts, so I'll probably wind up going with the stock stiff Speeder shaft they used in their off the rack offering. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 minute ago, dkolo said:

I don't know a thing about shafts, so I'll probably wind up going with the stock stiff Speeder shaft they used in their off the rack offering. 

Some like the Speeder; I found the Diamana to have a smoother feel. Depends on what they have in inventory on your sale date although I've heard that you may have better luck by calling PreOwned and getting the latest of what they have that is not yet on the website.

Okay, it's accessories.

If you want to see what the Euros are selling in PUMA. Here is a 20% off code -- PUMAKING

http://www.golfposer.com/brands/puma-golf/?utm_campaign=Puma+Golf+%7C+Hugo+Boss+Offers&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

Bought some Galvin Green from them a week ago, and have gotten a couple of packages from then in less than a week. Fast; and they reply to emails.

• Upvote 1

Haven't bought from these people, but it looks like great pricing on current and older versions of equipment.

http://www.hurricanegolf.com/

Extra 20% off on Apparel with Code: SAVE20

• Upvote 1

On November 17, 2015 at 11:13:26 AM, dkolo said:

Code: Driversneak

TODAY ONLY - 11/20

callawaypreowned - 30-50% off drivers today

Edited by Mr. Desmond
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Code: Driversneak

TODAY ONLY - 11/20

callawaypreowned - 30-50% off drivers today

Saw this in my inbox this morning and was doing the math with excitement. This is likely to be as good of a deal as any if someone wants just a driver. The Big Bertha 815 with the Diamana S+ 60 shaft is only $154 for like new (they're suddenly charging $25 more for the stock Fujikura Speeder shaft option). I'm going to keep waiting for a better offer on more than one club, but it's hard to beat for the stand-alone. It was retailing new on Amazon with the stock Fujikura shaft for $197 until this week. That comes with the official headcover, but this deal still winds up cheaper if you go a-la-carte (or just use their generic headcover and not worry about such details).

Surprisingly, the 2014 Big Berthas are more expensive than the 815 BB Alphas with this offer, coming it at $180. I bought the 2014 for my brother over the summer when it bottomed out on Callaway Preowned for $124, so the deals are a bit erratic.

Dom's Sticks:

3 minutes ago, dkolo said:

Saw this in my inbox this morning and was doing the math with excitement. This is likely to be as good of a deal as any if someone wants just a driver. The Big Bertha 815 with the Diamana S+ 60 shaft is only $154 for like new (they're suddenly charging $25 more for the stock Fujikura Speeder shaft option). I'm going to keep waiting for a better offer on more than one club, but it's hard to beat for the stand-alone. It was retailing new on Amazon with the stock Fujikura shaft for $197 until this week. That comes with the official headcover, but this deal still winds up cheaper if you go a-la-carte (or just use their generic headcover and not worry about such details).

Surprisingly, the 2014 Big Berthas are more expensive than the 815 BB Alphas with this offer, coming it at $180. I bought the 2014 for my brother over the summer when it bottomed out on Callaway Preowned for $124, so the deals are a bit erratic.

Heck, that is a great deal -- don't get too greedy -- during the summer, the 815 with S+ was going for $200 like new - and I hopped on that one. Traded it in for GBB and almost got my money back. The Speeder is not that impressive to me -- the S+ 60 is much smoother and the tip has a tiny kick to it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Heck, that is a great deal -- don't get too greedy -- during the summer, the 815 with S+ was going for $200 like new - and I hopped on that one. Traded it in for GBB and almost got my money back. The Speeder is not that impressive to me -- the S+ 60 is much smoother and the tip has a tiny kick to it.

I'm planning on being in New York City this weekend and will stop by one of the bigger golf stores to how the Diamana feels based on your recommendation. I've been reading about it, and it sounds interesting. I doubt I'll notice much, if any, difference with my high handicap, but I do know I'm not nuts about the Fubuki Zeta 50 in the 2014 Big Bertha my brother has. It seems too light and might explain why I feel like I'm always overswinging that club compared to my current driver, which has a generic Callaway shaft but a bit heavier at 65 grams.

I'm holding off on buying; this price point is outstanding, but I definitely want the 815 and I definitely want the XR hybrid. I think I'll be better off waiting for a deal on both, like they had last year. I'm hoping, anyway. I think something like that will be coming Monday, though.

Dom's Sticks:

2 hours ago, dkolo said:

I'm planning on being in New York City this weekend and will stop by one of the bigger golf stores to how the Diamana feels based on your recommendation. I've been reading about it, and it sounds interesting. I doubt I'll notice much, if any, difference with my high handicap, but I do know I'm not nuts about the Fubuki Zeta 50 in the 2014 Big Bertha my brother has. It seems too light and might explain why I feel like I'm always overswinging that club compared to my current driver, which has a generic Callaway shaft but a bit heavier at 65 grams.

I'm holding off on buying; this price point is outstanding, but I definitely want the 815 and I definitely want the XR hybrid. I think I'll be better off waiting for a deal on both, like they had last year. I'm hoping, anyway. I think something like that will be coming Monday, though.

I think you will feel a difference between the Speeder and Mitsu S+, definitely smoother with Mitsu and you should feel a mild kick to it. Grip down slightly if you are not making center contact - it's 45.5 inches ... a bit much. Sometimes, golfers will hit the heel with "too long" shafts.

Edited by Mr. Desmond
  • Upvote 1

If you get the 815, I have a brand new set of adjustable weights for it ... for when you want to fine tune -- when you're interested...

On November 18, 2015 at 4:25:41 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

Haven't bought from these people, but it looks like great pricing on current and older versions of equipment.

http://www.hurricanegolf.com/

Extra 20% off on Apparel with Code: SAVE20

They are legit. Got my Adams Super S 3H from them. Very pleased with them. 

• Upvote 1

Rock Bottom Golf has had some great promos over the last week. I purchased first gen Footjoy DNA's for $108. Also bought about five golf random golf books for $1 each to get me through some of the winter months.

Right now the 2014 Big Bertha is $121 new on their site:

http://search.rockbottomgolf.com/search.php?query=bigberthadriver#_ga=1.178149221.1576113789.1448076500

I usually get most of my golf clothing from TGW and great deals on open box and used clubs on Global Golf.

Random accessories and headwear at a good price on Budget Golf.

And BTW, I just got the XR 3H and love it! I got an eagle on a Par 5 the second time I used it. I have been amazed with how accurate it's been...and added about 5-7 yards over my i20 (it is a degree stronger).

Happy Shopping!

• Upvote 1

Callaway Preowned is running a 20% off sale on their Clearance and other brand items, with promo code BFX20. 

It's worth exploring the clearance section because there's no rhyme or reason for what they've put in there. I figured it would be a boring sale, but then I bought a new putter from them that was (and still is) cross listed in their main putter section for $50 more than it was in clearance (a Like New Versa Jailbird with Super Stroke grip for $65 is basically unbeatable). There's plenty of good deals on their equipment to be found, especially on the Mach Daddy 2 wedges, where I'm seeing various models going for under $50 in Like New condition. Happy hunting!

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Seems like the same old stuff out there.  Looks like the deals on this page seem to update regularly as they get announced. Seems like someone here has their fingers on the pulse.  

http://golficity.com/best-black-friday-cyber-monday-golf-deals-2015/

I noticed some other sites doing the same.  I'm looking for those pig Scott Cameron deals somewhere! Thats on my wishlist!

Are you Jonesing for a golf bag? or anything on their site? ball bag, hats... I am not into single strap bags, but if you are...

40% off BLACKFRIDAY

http://www.jonesgolfbags.com

OT:

We will be outside of Orlando with my wife's family for Thanksgiving.  When Black Friday hits, my wife and I will be up early enjoying a nice breakfast before heading over to a course that is close by for a 9 AM tee time.  I will be spending Black Friday on the course, hopefully with a bloody mary or two.  Now if only I could get my wife to play golf and not just ride along, but small steps, see what she thinks about being out on a course.

Note: This thread is 3044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!