In preparation for next week's Bag Drop, I'd like to get some feedback on the state of Golf Digest's Hot List. It seems like this gets to be a hot topic when it comes out for one reason or another, and now that it's out, I'd like to see what you think. First off, this isn't going to be a flame war, and we're not going to bash something just for the sake of bashing something. I want any criticism to be of the constructive flavor. So with that in mind, I'm looking for something along the lines of:
- It's perfect, leave it just how it is!
- Your take on the Hot List, good or bad?
- What parts of it would you change, and why?
- Is the way they rate clubs helpful to you as a potential buyer?
- What parts would you keep exactly as they are, and why?
- Do you think it has/has not lost a little bit of it's luster or credibility over the last few years, and why?
- Do you think the smaller companies get short end of the stick, while the big boys get all of the spotlight?
Of course, you don't have to answer all of these questions, and you're free to add whatever you want. These are just suggestions. Also know that there's a chance your response may be quoted in the column next week.