or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shaft help

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

In my driver I currently play a Diamana S+ stiff flex. I swing the club in the range of an extra stiff (about 108-110). Should I change to an extra stiff? What would I gain/lose? All input is appreciated, thanks.

post #2 of 7

A lot of factors to consider.  I'd recommend getting on a Flightscope or Trackman and test both shafts out and see how the numbers look.  Do you feel like you spin your driver too much?

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

A lot of factors to consider.  I'd recommend getting on a Flightscope or Trackman and test both shafts out and see how the numbers look.  Do you feel like you spin your driver too much?


Not really, I think I'm around 3000rpm (could be a little lower but its fine), I was just curious to if I would get a smaller dispersion with a extra stiff vs stiff.

post #4 of 7
If you are swinging at 110 with all that spin, you can afford to bring spin down by about 20%-25%
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

If you are swinging at 110 with all that spin, you can afford to bring spin down by about 20%-25%

and an X stiff would bring it down a little?

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerGolfer View Post

and an X stiff would bring it down a little?

 

Yes

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

If you are swinging at 110 with all that spin, you can afford to bring spin down by about 20%-25%

 

Agree

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 

Thank you guys

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting