• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
  • entries
    12
  • comments
    56
  • views
    2,680

Down to 224

saevel25

1,412 views

Just a quick update, good news, I am down to 224 lbs. That is about 8 lbs of weight loss from when I started at 232. I got 34 lbs to go. Time to step it up a bit. I want to make it through the holidays unscathed ;) 

I think it's a good time to set up an intermediate goal. I am going to go 2 weeks without have bad food when I go out to eat. I also want to work out at least 4 times a week. 


1


8 Comments


In my book, if I can make it from mid October (when Halloween candy starts to appear) to January without gaining anything, I'd call that a huge win. :-P

0

Share this comment


Link to comment

Nice the hear of the success. Keep at it, man.

I agree that this time of the year is the toughest. Not only is there an abundance of bad food within the reach of my fork, I tend to do less in the way of burning it off.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
26 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

In my book, if I can make it from mid October (when Halloween candy starts to appear) to January without gaining anything, I'd call that a huge win. :-P

I plan on making substantial weight loss throughout the holiday season. It helps that my parents really don't keep cookies and candies around the house for the holidays. The worst days are the few days after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve/Day. That is when left over temptation is there ;) 
 

6 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Nice the hear of the success. Keep at it, man.

I agree that this time of the year is the toughest. Not only is there an abundance of bad food within the reach of my fork, I tend to do less in the way of burning it off.

Thanks. I know I probably could have done better. I rather start off slowly and get back in the routine of loosing weight over going at it hard and then having a bigger chance at regressing. 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
53 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Thanks. I know I probably could have done better. I rather start off slowly and get back in the routine of loosing weight over going at it hard and then having a bigger chance at regressing. 

There's something to be said about approaching something like this at a realistic pace. After all, the goal should be a sustained lifestyle of fitness and healthy eating as opposed to a quick result - if that makes sense. At least that's how I've alway looked at it.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment

34 pounds (for a total of 40)? You struck me as being in fairly decent shape the previous times I've met you. Not to be nosy, but that sounds like a heck of a lot of weight. None-the-less congratulations on making progress toward your goal.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

34 pounds (for a total of 40)? You struck me as being in fairly decent shape the previous times I've met you. Not to be nosy, but that sounds like a heck of a lot of weight. None-the-less congratulations on making progress toward your goal.

I have 34 lbs to go, not that I have already lost 34 lbs ;)

0

Share this comment


Link to comment

Last June, I was tracking at 5-foot-8 and 193 lbs., and was having knee pain and sporadic knee mobility problems. I got some knee therapy this past summer, and in August decided to go on the MediFast diet.

MediFast plan calls for 5 small snack meals a day - plus one modest meal - during weight loss period. Also, you drink lots of water during the weight loss to flush out toxins, sludge, etc. The idea is to have lots of small meals so you don't get hungry, because hunger triggers periods when your body feels starved and goes into survival-fat storage mode.

My goal was 175 lbs., and I made it there by the end of September. Between weight loss and therapy, my knees have felt great this fall. (My wife has joined me on Medifast - it helps having a partner on it.)

I meet with my cardiologist in a few days, and due to the weight loss I'm doing to ask him to cut the dosage on my cholesterol medications. He didn't gripe too much about my higher weight because I'm fairly active and do well on the stress tests. Still, he was cautious on cholesterol levels. But, c-meds have side effects: they can contribute to muscle strains, and also to skin irritation. I've had trouble with both the last couple of years. We'll see what the good doctor says.

@saevel25, good luck to you in your quest. And, I noted your increased workouts. I must say it's easier to get myself to the gym now that I've cut some weight.

0

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now