IGNORED

Favorite Drink

iacas
Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I avoid Tekillya like the plague,
One the course there is nothing like an ice cold Bud Light, about nine of them is perfect for 18 holes. That and he cooler fixed on my cart will only hold 8, which means I have to start with one in the cup holder and down it before it gets hot.
In the clubhouse I like bourbon and coke in the cooler months, when it gets warm I thist for whiskey sours.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't drink any kind of fizzy stuff...no cola, 7Up or the like. I go for water any time I'm on the golf course. I need to be refreshed walking 18...
When I'm out with Barry I prefer either a cold brew or a nice Cosmo.

Fruit2O came out with vitamin water and I keep that on hand too!

Have a Happy Day to all,
Stacy

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

I like all amber beers, tangeray and tonics, wines and most other alcoholic drinks. when not trying to take the edge off, i like Vitamin Water and H20, as well as a nice big cup of coffee.

I like this thread.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have found that a few ice cold Miller High Life's can really help my golf. They keep my handicap 3.5 points higher than it would be if I didn't drink on the course.

I don't often bet on a game, but if I do, the only sure bets are that we will use handicaps, and I won't drink until we are done.

• Administrator
Sounds interesting, particularly with the pineapple. Will have to try it out this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
on the course i prefer corona light, miller light if im out with my buddies but if im in a corporate tournament or a business trip i stick with water (mostly fruit H20)

in the clubhouse i prefer a crown & coke

i dont drink much caffinated drinks anymore and if i do drink a soft drink its gotta be diet

In the Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 425 10.5
Woods: Taylormade Rescue Fairway #3
Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

The barman at a club i used to work at,used to suggest to me as a refreshing after golf drink: 1/2 pint of lemonade and lime and 1/2 pint of ginger beer with plenty of ice.Started drinking it again lately and it really hits the mark...

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...
Shucks I thought I had invented Parrot Bay (or other coconut rum) and diet pineapple soda. I call it pina faux-lada. Tasty, but not a regular thing.

My favorite beers - Hoegaarden, Spaten Franziskaner, and Bass. At home I usually have a few bottle of good ol' Miller High Life in the fridge. Unfortunately, I learned long ago that, for me, beer and golf don't mix. Sigh. Even one beer, though I don't feel a thing, throws something off just enough that I play even worse than usual. When I was younger it was routine at the course I played to have a beer and hot dog between 9s. I can't tell you how many promising front 9s were thrown away on the back. Hmm, now I think about it, maybe it was the hot dog!

At a relaxed get together I like Jack neat. For more introspective times I dig into my selection of single malts for one that fits the mood or the weather. Islays for heavier occasions, Speysides for lighter ones. Always neat. Ice dulls my taste buds, and everything tastes the same.

And, of course, a nice hand-rolled Honduran goes well with all of the above!

Moutain Dew. Normal not caffeine free. You need the full effect. I think Moutain Dew is one of the most drinkable tastes in soft drinks. Its one soda that i can drink constantly without wanting water or something else after.

I like coffee and frapichinos alot.

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

On the course I will go with somthing light. Most Likely Labatt's Blue Light or Michelob Ultra. After the round, I love a Vodka Collins. If I'm having something with dinner it's usually a wheat beer like Hacker Pschor, Bells Oberon or Blue Moon. I love a good martini w/ either Kettle One or Grey Goose. Warning, if you are doing some serrious drinking, stay away from wheat beer. It's great for one or two, but when you satrt throwing them back, it can get ugly. As I posted last Monday on the What Did You Shoot thread, I had such a bad hangover I almost had to stop the car on the way to the course to throw up.

During the day it's coffee, Diet Mt. Dew or a diet energy drink like sugar free Red Bull, Monster Low Carb or Rip It Lite. My new favorite is Fuze Slenderize. It has vitamins, chromium and citrimax. Being an Exercise Physiologist, I have to stay away from sugar. Sometimes I wish I didn't know what I know.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• 2 weeks later...
Favorite Beer is called Alexander Keith's brewed only in Nova Scotia. delicious.

Mmmmmm...I had the privilige of sampling all of the fine Canadian Brews when I was in Nova Scotia on business. Keith's is excellent, but I had another one called Ricket's Red or something like that. I have a pretty strong tolerance, but 3 12 oz. drafts got me tipsy.

If I'm having something with dinner it's usually a wheat beer like Hacker Pschor, Bells Oberon or Blue Moon. Warning, if you are doing some serrious drinking, stay away from wheat beer.

Blue Moon is another good one. A sales rep for our company took me out for a nice night of 24 oz. Blue Moon drafts. And I wish I had your warning before that night.

My favorite beers: Corona/Corona Light, Miller Lite, Shiner Bock, Arrogant Bastard Ale, Dead Guy Ale, Modelo Especial Favorite Shot: Jagermeister Mixed Drink: Bourbon and Coke Non-Alcoholic Beverage: Unsweet Iced Tea, Water, Propel Fitness Water(good stuff) I drink after I leave the course, beer throws my game.

I happened to stumble (no pun intended) accross a wesite called www.drinkoftheweek.com when I was looking for directions on making a Toasted Almond. They have recipies for just about everything you can think of.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

It varys from time to time, I don't drink that much, but like a lot of different drinks.

TNT, High Jamaican Wind (Kahlua, spiced rum and cream), Bourbon Slush, Rum and Coke, JB and Dew, Mudslide, Mango Rum and OJ, Rasberry Margaritta, Mangocolada.

for beer, New Castle, Mic Honey Lager, Mic Amber Bock, Tecate, Dos Equis.

Or how about a nice glass of Sangria.

If it's made with gin, Tanguray
with rum, Lorenzo's
with bourbon, Jim Beam

• 6 years later...

Cheerwine!!! There is no better soda on Earth.

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Favorite? No way to choose for me, life is about variety and enjoying all that the world has to offer. I tend to be pretty obsessive when it comes to food and drink products, particularly when it comes to making them myself. However, I'm also of the opinion that there are no "wrong" tastes.

By volume, I guess I'd have to go with water as my "favorite." Daily drinks are coffee (breakfast and sometimes afternoon), water (lunch and otherwise throughout the day), and beer (dinner). On weeknights, usually decaffeinated tea before bed, often a mixed drink in the evening on weekends. Sometimes wine replaces beer at dinner, but not frequently.

Coffee: I usually like a medium or medium-dark roast, preferably prepared in a French press. It's got to be strong, but not bitter or sour. Well-brewed drip coffee is all right, but that's hard to find, so I'll usually prefer an Americano (espresso diluted with hot water) because that guarantees that it hasn't been sitting around for hours on a burner and it seems that most coffee shops are better at producing good espresso than good coffee.

Beer: There's no way to choose a favorite here, there are simply too many out there. It's even hard to choose a favorite style because that varies with season, situation, and phase of the moon. I generally don't like American-style light beers, excessively hoppy ales, or white beers/hefeweizen styles; almost everything else is fair game. Perhaps my favorite beer of all time was a Kölsch-style beer produced by the John Harvard brewery in Cambridge, MA, but even that has as much to do with the situation and memories as the beer itself.

Mixed drinks: my only real rule here is that I do not like tequila unless it's masked in a margarita. I generally like these to be strong, and the flavors should be intense but well-balanced. In this case, I think I can pick a favorite: a sidecar. Made well, this can be strong, intensely sour, yet sweet at the same time. A whiskey sour can be similar, but both of these have to be made with fresh lemon juice, not sour mix or bottled juice.

I don't like soft drinks much; occasionally I'll have one, but I almost always regret it. If I want something non-alcoholic that's not water, I guess I'd go with lemonade, but like a sidecar, it needs to be made well. There's simply no substitute for fresh lemons to get the intense tartness that doesn't hide behind the sugar you add.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!