IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Does anyone else on here use Linux, and have they tried getting score card to work under WINE? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask just in case...

It could work. I know one guy runs it under

CrossOver .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could work. I know one guy runs it under

Excellent, that's what I was hoping to hear. Cheers for such a speedy response Iacas. Crossover is proprietary and is based on WINE, so there's a fair chance it might work under WINE. I shall give it a go later tonight with the demo version and if all works purchase a full copy!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

• Administrator
Excellent, that's what I was hoping to hear. Cheers for such a speedy response Iacas. Crossover is proprietary and is based on WINE, so there's a fair chance it might work under WINE. I shall give it a go later tonight with the demo version and if all works purchase a full copy!

Let me know too. I'll be interested in hearing. It uses the .net package and a graphic library you may need to install (I wouldn't have a clue how to do that under WINE), so I hope it works.

BTW, to everyone else, we've had a few updates recently so make sure you have the latest version.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ALoha all,

Anyone up for bets on how long it will take until this post is deleted?

(not to mention myscorecard.com isn't free)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't know, I wouldn't blame Erik for deleting it in this thread (since it's off topic) but I think it's worth noting that Erik is quite fair regarding discussions of other solutions on his forums. When it's on topic, such messages are not deleted.

Personally, I think Scorecard has a huge benefit over the online solutions in that your data is yours---no relying on a third party to store it. I post my scores on "some other" site, but I also store them in Scorecard (and post them online via the Scorecard HTML export option, see the link at the bottom of my post). If I were just using the "other" site, I'd still separately store all my scores in some other way. Even if I suck at golf, I like knowing that I won't lose my score history if a business I have no control over goes kaput.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I don't know, I wouldn't blame Erik for deleting it in this thread (since it's off topic) but I think it's worth noting that Erik is quite fair regarding discussions of other solutions on his forums. When it's on topic, such messages are not deleted.

Oh ya i agree with you, the poster has it coming.

I too use Scorecard.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I don't know, I wouldn't blame Erik for deleting it in this thread (since it's off topic)

It is off topic, yes. And obviously I know that online solutions exist, as do people who have crafted their own Excel spreadsheets. Like you said, there are plenty of benefits and reasons to use Scorecard over the others. If the reasons don't match up with what you want, so be it. But if they do, great, and I think Scorecard is a great solution for you.

I'll put it this way: nobody's ever really had a complaint about Scorecard (having a demo helps). The things people wanted added from 1.0 were added in 2.0... and with 3.0, we're looking at giving everyone free online hosting with stat comparisons if we can figure out how to make that work smoothly. I've found that you tend to get what you pay for in life (which may not be the smartest thing to say on a free forum, ha ). That said, again, this is off topic, so let's nip it here.

...with 3.0, we're looking at giving everyone free online hosting with stat comparisons if we can figure out how to make that work smoothly...

I'm very interested in where you're going with this statement. Additionally, I'd be more than willing to help devise a solution... Seriously, shoot me a PM. This is right up my alley.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I am aware of plenty of online ones, most of which are free, but don't meet my requirements . For me it is between scorecard, and teedroid.

Simply put spreadsheets are fine but as soon as with everything in life, you have to make a simple call... Cost versus Benefits. How long would it take you to make a spreadsheet that does everything this app does (I want the ability to snapshot and track progress etc), and do you value that total time at more, or less than $24?

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Hi- I ran through the thread and looked but could not find if Scorecard has a feature for tracking the length of drives? If not any plan to add it? Thanks

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

• Administrator
Hi- I ran through the thread and looked but could not find if Scorecard has a feature for tracking the length of drives? If not any plan to add it? Thanks

We answered you over a year ago:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...l=1#post228505 . I've also answered the question several times before that, IIRC. I see no valid point in including driving distance and we have to walk a fine line between asking enough of the user to generate valid stats but not asking too much or people won't want to enter their rounds. As it is, I think we have the perfect balance: people can enter a round in about 30 seconds and we get 35+ meaningful statistics.

• 1 month later...
I was using Scorecard up until 6 months ago. I had a collision of events that ended with losing my Scorecard database, getting a Blackberry and using Intelligolf on a XP machine. I like some of Intelligolf's features like the GPS and entering scores on my Blackberry while playing. But it isn't a very visually attractive GUI and while I know that looks shouldn't count in a statistics program for some reason looks do, I also still like the way statistics are treated better in Scorecard.
I still have scorecard working on my Mac with no data and I'm thinking I'll try using both Intelligolf and Scorecard this spring. That may or may not be too cumbersome.
Are there any moves toward making Scorecard usable with smart phones other than the iphone?
Maybe including some sort of GPS function?

• Administrator
Are there any moves toward making Scorecard usable with smart phones other than the iphone?

No plans at all. We don't even do the Windows version - it's subcontracted out. We're Apple developers. And the iPhone app has almost as many lines of code as the regular app... which is kinda scary.

No plans for a GPS function. That's antithetical to what Scorecard's about, and part of the reason we can keep the price so low is because it's a finely tuned app that does one task really well. If we tried to make it "everything to all golfers" it'd fail as a product.

All I can add it that I have tried many and used some golf performance tracking software tools, and ScoreCard 2 is the best, most natural to use product I have seen. I give it the highest marks. My problem is I play lots of rounds where I don't bother to keep the data permanently because I am playing a special way... such as trying to hit all fades on approach shots, or using hybrids rather than long irons, or chipping every shot off the green even if a putt like shot is a better choice -- that kind of experimentation can be entered in the program, but probably should not be a part of your long term statistics (just an opinion.) It is interesting to see how "experiments" differ from your normal statistics, and the program works well for that, too.

RC

• 1 month later...
Is anyone else using the iPhone app? I loaded my courses this morning, successfully sync'd to the iPhone. I noticed an error on the course this afternoon (flipped a par 4 and 5) and corrected on the PC when I got home, but now it won't sync. I'm on my home wireless network now instead of work.

BTW - I like the interface and the ability to enter data directly on the course. It's quite effortless actually.

- Shane

• Administrator
Is anyone else using the iPhone app? I loaded my courses this morning, successfully sync'd to the iPhone. I noticed an error on the course this afternoon (flipped a par 4 and 5) and corrected on the PC when I got home, but now it won't sync. I'm on my home wireless network now instead of work.

You've gone into the Sync menu on your iPhone with your application running on your computer and chosen "Sync" and clicked the computer name on your iPhone? Your Windows computer (assumption) and network have a relatively open firewall that lets you connect?? And your iPhone is on the same wireless network?

This isn't really the place for support, so check out the forums at Cynical Peak if you need more support.

Note: This thread is 1999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!