IGNORED

How Many Players Won The Masters and US Open in the Same Year?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From Twitter.

Answer

Spoiler

Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Jordan Spieth, Craig Wood

Who the hell is Craig Wood?

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I knew it was six but couldn’t name Craig Wood. His fields must’ve been pretty silly.😖

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Good read. I wonder if Sergio has ever bothered to read about this guy? Thanks for posting @brocks

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, brocks said:

You guys should do yourselves a favor and read this article about Wood:

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:9dd3c1862934

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) — Dustin Johnson already knows plenty of heartache in the majors. He just doesn't know Craig Wood...

From the article:

He was the footnote in history for the "shot heard 'round the world" in 1935 at Augusta National. Wood was in the clubhouse at 6-under 282. Only one other player on the course had a chance to catch him and that was Gene Sarazen, three shots behind. The crowd was congratulating him. His name already was on the winner's check. And then Sarazen holed out with a 4-wood on the par-5 15th hole for an albatross 2.

Sarazen was three back with four to play and they were already congratulating Wood? Seems a little premature. Maybe back in the day people weren't expected to be able to birdie a bunch of holes in a row?

Remember in 2011 when everyone was talking about getting the first Australian to win the Masters between Adam Scott or Jason Day, then Charl Schwartzel comes out of nowhere to birdie the last four holes and win?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

From the article:

Sarazen was three back with four to play and they were already congratulating Wood? Seems a little premature. Maybe back in the day people weren't expected to be able to birdie a bunch of holes in a row?

Remember in 2011 when everyone was talking about getting the first Australian to win the Masters between Adam Scott or Jason Day, then Charl Schwartzel comes out of nowhere to birdie the last four holes and win?

I love how that threw the expert announcers for a loop.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!