IGNORED

Hooray for CBS camera work

azflying
Note: This thread is 5929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching the tournaments on TV this season I have noticed that they position the camera so that the viewer can see the shot trajectory. All my life I've watched golf and they positioned the cameras so that every shot looked like it was going dead right. Finally they are putting the camera directly behind the golfer. It is so cool watching them work the ball.

Thanks CBS and the Golf Channel

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

D'accordo! It has been so much better this year. Also the Bizhub shot camerawork, the shot tracker that traces the flight path, and the putt tracker thing (I am not sure that one is from CBS). All this stuff is great!

now all we need is for them to show more than 3 golfers in 3 hours coverage....

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I think the biz hub shot is pretty good also.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Can't wait for the Masters to see if they force ESPN to have only 5 min per hour of comericals.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I absolutely could not agree MORE! Fantastic coverage. Biz Hub is awesome. They have really stepped it up. Now if they only had Johnny Miller doing the announcing it would be perfect.

On the flip side -- HOW BAD IS THE GOLF CHANNEL'S COVERAGE? It is awful..
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I absolutely could not agree MORE! Fantastic coverage. Biz Hub is awesome. They have really stepped it up. Now if they only had Johnny Miller doing the announcing it would be perfect.

Of course I am watching in HD (sorry for quoting myself)

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

now all we need is for them to show more than 3 golfers in 3 hours coverage....

touche! i couldn't agree more.

Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I think the biz hub shot is pretty good also.

I agree...except when the show a "slow motion" of something that isn't related to the swing...like a player adjusting his sleeve (it has been done!).

Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Man, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. That crew is just ghastly. I am torn because they have the coverage, BUT WHAT A BUNCH OF SOULLESS ROBOTS. Inga flat out scares me--she's straight out of Stepford Wives, or a robot-themed Twilight Zone. Not to mention "chokin' freakin' dogs" and "lynch-gate". I know Tighlman was on another network at the time, but REALLY, is SHE the one who gets promoted from GC to Network? PLEASE! This is one of the GOLDEN ages of golf and they are totally dropping the ball. Have you seen that PTI ripoff on GC? HORRIBLE. That dude that moderates is like soggy toast. They make Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo look better and better. Feherty is great too. McCord, well. . . CBS, NBC, and ESPN have their stuff together. Sombody ANYBODY help the GC folks out!! PS, that lady who does the webcasts for pgatour.com is good. Whew. I feel better now.

LOL! I am glad you feel better now, but it needed to be said!

In The Bag:

Man, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. That crew is just ghastly. I am torn because they have the coverage, BUT WHAT A BUNCH OF SOULLESS ROBOTS. Inga flat out scares me--she's straight out of Stepford Wives, or a robot-themed Twilight Zone. Not to mention "chokin' freakin' dogs" and "lynch-gate". I know Tighlman was on another network at the time, but REALLY, is SHE the one who gets promoted from GC to Network? PLEASE! This is one of the GOLDEN ages of golf and they are totally dropping the ball.

I'm with you on the webcasts chick-a-dee-poo. Not much on the info but easy on the eyes.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

...they lost the recipe. The cameras during the Accenture Match Play coverage were back to their usual off-angle position and every shot was "goin' right".

Is there some reason the players do not want the camera on their line of play? I can't imagine cameras disturb them.

It's really too bad they can't show this, it would give viewers a better appreciation for how the pros have to work their shots to get those fantastic results.

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

Watching the tournaments on TV this season I have noticed that they position the camera so that the viewer can see the shot trajectory. All my life I've watched golf and they positioned the cameras so that every shot looked like it was going dead right. Finally they are putting the camera directly behind the golfer. It is so cool watching them work the ball.

good post, completely agree

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Note: This thread is 5929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!